Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yeah....Nothing every happens on Post....especially in Hawaii.....

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yeah....Nothing every happens on Post....especially in Hawaii.....

HONOLULU (AP) - The Army says a soldier who was brandishing a weapon at Schofield Barracks has been shot and wounded.

The shooting occurred about 5:30 p.m. Friday at the Army post after military police responded to a report of a soldier with the weapon.

The Army says in a brief statement that police cordoned off the area as the individual took refuge in a vehicle.

The brief statement didn't explain how the shooting occurred or who fired the shot. It says the soldier, who wasn't identified, was being treated at Wahiawa General Hospital but no condition was released.

The Army says the shooting is under investigation and no other details were immediately available.

http://www.hawaiinewsnow.com/Global/...edium=facebook

Since it made the media, I can post this..... Will post more info when I can....

I am glad to see the suspect was taken down, and further loss of life prevented. Kudos to the DACP's or M.P.'s who resolved this situation. Great job, guys!

On a far more disturbing note; it seems weapon calls and active shooter scenarios are becoming more and more prevalent on military bases all over CONUS- and now it seems OCONUS as well. Poor recruting choices/policies are coming back to bite us all in the arse...... This is what happens when you start to give out "Moral Waivers" to recruits with prior records. Unfortunate......
    Just another squirrel, tryin' to get a nut......

Comment

Stay safe...BC.

You too lil bro.
      This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by deputy x 2 View Post
        Stay safe...BC.

You too lil bro.
        +1
        Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

@DeputyX2 and Magic Matt...... Thanks to both of you!

Much luv to ya, Sistahs!

Comment

Media article sucks......and was just told I could post this.....

Female Solider going through divorce was hopped up on pills/booze.....barricades herself in vehicle.... MPs/DOA Police arrive and shut the area down. CID shows up and talks her down and she gets out of the vehicle..... Once she gets out, change of heart..... .45 to the head.... one shot/one self-inflicted KIA.... End of story......

Comment

Ahhh....things are more clear. Regardless, it's unfortunate the soldier made such a poor choice that resulted in her death........ At least no military LEO's or members of the public were harmed.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                At least no military LEO's or members of the public were harmed.
                They are all fine....other than probably being screwed in the head after watching some chick blow the top half of her head off.....

Comment

Too bad, ya hate to see it end that way with a disturbed individual, particularly a service member and a female.
                  Last edited by Magic Matt; 03-05-2011, 07:22 PM.
                  Good people sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf.

Comment

I blame recruiters
                    Peace out...war in!

Comment

Guess the Army needs the Resilience training we had to do today.
                      In Process Apps:
                      LASD - 04/2015 Completed Out of State Testing
                      Passed Written, Fitness, Polygraph
                      08/2015 - Background Completed
                      09/2015 - Medical/Psych Scheduled

Comment

Tragic end to the situation. The way the local media played the story, I was beginning to think it was a female. Thanks Bearcat for providing more info.

With all of the strict firearms laws in the state of Hawaii, one would think that this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Makes me wonder if the woman was legally in possession of the pistol.

In any case, I'm glad that the only person killed/injured was the soldier.
                        Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Originally posted by QuietPro View Post
                          Ahhh....things are more clear. Regardless, it's unfortunate the soldier made such a poor choice that resulted in her death........ At least no military LEO's or members of the public were harmed.
                          +1

Some have demons they can't control...pills and booze didn't help the situation. At least she had the balls to take her own life and not suicide by cop.

Whatever her reasons were...may she now rest in peace.

HI629- I just read the article...and the writer was having difficulty...the word "themself" was the key.
                          Last edited by deputy x 2; 03-06-2011, 09:59 PM.
                          This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Originally posted by EagleFist13 View Post
                            I blame recruiters
                            I blame parents.
                            Originally posted by crass cop
                            Just do it in front of a camera and try not to get a boner and you shoudl be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by HI629 View Post
                              With all of the strict firearms laws in the state of Hawaii, one would think that this kind of thing wouldn't happen. Makes me wonder if the woman was legally in possession of the pistol.
                              Tons of military folks bring weapons here..... TONS..... All one has to do is register them with HPD and then on-post and you can keep them in your own post quarters..... just like she did......

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6249 users online. 346 members and 5903 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X