300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Texas LEO in Florida

I will be traveling to Florida in a few weeks for a mini vacation. While there, I am meeting up with my brother-in-law for the weekend after he completes SAR school in Pensacola.

While on base, what to do with my weapon? I've found a few numbers for the base but all seem to be dead-ends with no one being able to provide me with useful information. Will I be good to go concealed on my person or stowed in my vehicle?

I'll be the first to admit that I gave up searching for answers after about 5 minutes.

Any and all help is appreciated.

-posted on Florida forum as well

Leave it off post altogether. It's not worth the hassle.

Comment

I was off duty once and went on base with my weapon. I was out of town for other reasons which is why I had it. I notified the Airman at the gate thinking he I would be good to take it since I was a cop in the same state. Same County even. He was very polite and professional. And about 45 minutes later, I had finally finshed checking my weapon into the Security Police armory for an on base meeting that took about 15 minutes. Afterwards, they had to call the supervisor again to come back to the armory to give me my weapon back. He was on a call. About an hour later he arrived, and it took about 20 minutes for him to open up the armory and get my weapon. He asked me to leave it unloaded until I was off base. So for what was supposed to a quick on and off base meeting, ended up being about 3 hours. About 2.5hrs of that was thanks to my gun.

Comment

That's depressing to hear. Thanks for the replies. I might be better off getting dropped off somewhere off base and wait for the brother-in-law to be picked up.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3905 users online. 212 members and 3693 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X