Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Want to join. What about my term position?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want to join. What about my term position?

I work for the Department of the Army. I'm on a term position (2 years not to go past 4) I have been there for a year and a few months. I want to join the Marin Corps Reserves in Febuary.

My question is, what will happen to my term position. I'm trying to find out if they need to hold my position becuase I'm a term employee. By the time I would get back from Basic and MOS training; it would be past my 2 years. My Cheif said that he would put me up for the extra 2 years but if I leave for basic there might be a chance that he will cut me loss.

If someone could at least point me in the right direction. Somewhere that I can find out how it works with term employee's. I checked the act that covers employee's in the Reserves but it still is not clear to me. The higher ups at my job want me to get a promotion to Police Officer but they say I'm not making the list because of the Vet. points. So the way to get around that is to join the Military. Thats why I'm stuck and just trying to figure something out.

Thanks to anyone with good advice. I appreciate it.

Your position would be cut. Even if you go into the reserves you would not get vet points until you go overseas for a combat mission.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Check out OPM’s web sight.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        Your position would be cut. Even if you go into the reserves you would not get vet points until you go overseas for a combat mission.
        Is it for a combat mission or just deployed for 180 days or more?

Comment

My first suggestion would be Learn how to SPELL MARINE......

Comment

Originally posted by Arewethereyet View Post
            Is it for a combat mission or just deployed for 180 days or more?
            Generally with term positions they only meet minimum standards for protection unlike a permanant position which would be protected. Since the subject would be gone for more than a quarter of the term, they would not need keep the employee.

However vet points are assigned for combat assignements. You do not get points for basic training. You do get preferance if you serve on active duty for 3 or more years.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Well I guess active duty is the way to go. Thanks for all the help. Oh, by the way I was reading the vet point system and it looks like 180 active days will get you the basic 5 points. This is after basic training and the MOS school. Thats whay I got from it. Anyway, thank all of you for your time.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6097 users online. 325 members and 5772 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X