300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Called back!!

Well i got called yesterday and notified I was called back and I am deploying in April. Currently slated for Iraq but if President approves the surge the Afghanistan.
    on the job.....

Be safe over there!
    This profession is not for people looking for positive reinforcement from the public. Very often it can be a thankless job and you can't desire accolades, because those are not usually forthcoming. Just do your job to the best of your ability and live with the decisions you've made.

Comment

Man, that stinks. I'm working on my last 355ish days now to fulfill my complete 8 years in. When I was over there I weighted the options of getting out with 5 years having 3 in the Inactive ready reserves or go ahead and bite the bullet with 3 more years of active duty. Kinda wondering how life would have played out just doing the game of chance. Then again I'm less than a year out now and won't have to worry one bit once this contract ends.

BTW, good luck wherever your headed. Iraq has calmed down a lot, but from what I hear from the guys just PCSing here fresh from deployment, Afghanistan is still the "Wild Wild West."

Comment

Have fun and be safe.

Very few people get to participate in history like we do.

M-11
        “All men dream...... But not equally..
        Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find it is vanity;
        but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men,
        for they act their dreams with open eyes to make it possible.....”

TE Lawrence

Comment

Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
          Well i got called yesterday and notified I was called back and I am deploying in April. Currently slated for Iraq but if President approves the surge the Afghanistan.
          Thank you for your service, I was not in the military but I am a very big supporter.

And also, thank you all who have been and are in the military, its really appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
            One of your buddies from Myers got called back a couple of years ago.... Iraq for one year....

He had less than a year left on his obligation and went.....

Must be something about that post and MPs.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
              One of your buddies from Myers got called back a couple of years ago.... Iraq for one year....

Yeah they see nobody deployed from there and BOOM see ya have fun.
              on the job.....

Comment

A few weeks ago, I stopped a young man, for speeding. Not too fast, but fast enough. As I pulled in behind his vehicle I noticed it was displaying one of our State's specialty plates. It was a Combat Infantryman's Badge plate. I made contact with the young man and asked him why he was speeding. He respectfully replied, “Sir, I am sorry, I have no excuse, I just wasn't paying attention." I asked him if he had served in Iraq or Afghanistan and he said, "Sir I served in Iraq for 13 months with the 101st Airborne.” Having his CIB plate in mind, I knew he must have seen combat and probably seen and done things that most of us would hope to never have to see and do.
                I told him don't worry about your speeding violation. I handed him his license and insurance back and extended my hand to him and stated, "Thank you, for doing what you did for us."
                He simply replied,” I was just doing my job."

All you guys that are currently serving, I truly respect what you are doing, I served during peacetime, so I can't begin to imagine the sacrifices all of you are having to make. I salute you!

DH,
                Thank you for serving and keeping me and mine safe.
                Your brothers staying behind will keep yours safe.

Good luck!
                Last edited by statebear; 10-14-2009, 10:11 PM.

Comment

afghan was always the wild west, but like idiots we let them refit and rest...
                  In the end we're all just chalk lines on the concrete drawn only to be washed away, for the time that I've been given, I am what I am. I'd rather you hate me for everything I am, Than have you love me for being something that Im not

Comment

Good luck brother....hang in there, keep your head down and powder dry.
                    sigpic
                    Originally posted by Smurfette
                    Lord have mercy. You're about as slick as the business side of duct tape.
                    Originally posted by DAL
                    You are without doubt a void surrounded by a sphincter muscle.

Comment

Got our mob date it the day before my birthday... afghan here we come.
                      on the job.....

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

That was probably during the time period when "stop-loss" was enabled. They were allowed to extend service members past there obligation time for not more than 2 years. They have since removed the power to be able to stop-loss at this time, at least when I last checked (which was recently).

I should be coming home soon from Iraq. Much has changed since my last deployment. Also good luck and stay safe. Thanks for serving brother.
                        In God we trust. All others we run NCIC.

"Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference. The Marines don't have that problem."
                        PRESIDENT RONALD REAGAN, 1985

Comment

IRR?! what, we don't have enough active? lol

I'm going sometime this year too, so I guess I'll see you over there

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4617 users online. 269 members and 4348 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                          Working...
                          X