300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How long does OPM security clearance generally take

I applied and received a Tentative offer for the DLA PD in CA back in Dec. I was finally referred for security clearance in June and I am still in the background process, I can not get any direct contact with investigators and DLA HR can only tell me the investigation is still in progress. Anyone have any advise or know if this is the normal practice

Originally posted by superman152 View Post
    I applied and received a Tentative offer for the DLA PD in CA back in Dec. I was finally referred for security clearance in June and I am still in the background process, I can not get any direct contact with investigators and DLA HR can only tell me the investigation is still in progress. Anyone have any advise or know if this is the normal practice
    Have you ever had a clearance granted previously? Somethings to think about, DoD to an extent does their own clearances. I have one and am now being reinvestigated by DLA. But it can take up to several months for them to grant you a clearance.

http://www.opm.gov/extra/investigate...-clearance.asp
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

If Investigative services is doing the investigation, and unless something has changed, thay have an over 2 year back log.
      It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

No i dont, I came from a civilian Police Dept. A two year backlog, how does anyone get hired. geez haha

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
        Have you ever had a clearance granted previously? Somethings to think about, DoD to an extent does their own clearances. I have one and am now being reinvestigated by DLA. But it can take up to several months for them to grant you a clearance.

http://www.opm.gov/extra/investigate...-clearance.asp

Comment

I had to do another one this year and it took a couple of months. However from what I understand they have 30 days to complete one. I could be wrong though since I did the paperwork bac in jan and feb and it was finished in Jun.
          Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

No i dont, I came from a civilian Police Dept. A two year backlog, how does anyone get hired. geez haha
            They grant you an interm.
            It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

As DACP stated, your supposed to be granted an interim clearance until they can do your background. All DLA police jobs require a non critical sensitive secret clearance.

Read my signature... Its the truth about the government.

Comment

As DACP stated, your supposed to be granted an interim clearance until they can do your background. All DLA police jobs require a non critical sensitive secret clearance.

Read my signature... Its the truth about the government.

Not all DLA Police are Non-critical sensitive secret. DLA Police in New Cumberland must have Secret Clearance now. Jan of 09 this started.
                " Never judge others unless you truly know them"

Comment

As they said, you will revive an interim clearance. Your paperwork will be reviewed and flagged for any clear issues. After that, depending on the need you will be moved in to a priority list. For most agencies your clearance is low priority, putting it in the 1 year completion range. Some agencies in the DOD wont even give you the clearance, they will just give you access to the clearance. This means that they reviewed your file, see that you could get a clearance if needed, but don't give you the clearance. This policy is crap IMO, but is becoming more often used in the Federal Service given the push to have everyone get clearances at the same time that the funding has been cut to perform the checks.

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                    If Investigative services is doing the investigation, and unless something has changed, thay have an over 2 year back log.
                    I just talked with an OPM Background Investigator, and according to him the "Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 (IRTPA)" requires 90% of all initial security clearance determinations be completed in an average of 60 days or less, allowing 40 days for the investigation phase and 20 days for the adjudication process, to the extent practical. However, that's not to say that the background won't take longer but they are working diligently in order to cut down the backlog and wait time.

Top-Secret clearances will naturally take longer in order to adjudicate as you are typically required to go back 10 years in residence and employment history. However, for a secret clearance those can be adjudicated fairly quickly with a simple National Agency Records check and then you can be issued an interim clearance until the rest of the follow-up is completed.

Comment

Originally posted by CityTrashman View Post
                      Not all DLA Police are Non-critical sensitive secret. DLA Police in New Cumberland must have Secret Clearance now. Jan of 09 this started.
                      Same thing... Secret and Non critical sensitive secret are pretty much the same in terms of government backgrounds. Its an NACI, residency and credit check.

Here is a copy of your guys last opening.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...62511&TabNum=6

CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:

WORK SCHEDULE: Full-Time
                      OVERTIME: Occasional
                      TRAVEL: Occasional
                      DURATION: Under 25%
                      PRE-EMPLOYMENT PHYSICAL: Yes
                      (You must successfully pass a physical exam for this position. If you decline to have a physical examination, it will be considered a declination for employment .)
                      DRUG TESTING: Yes
                      (This is a Drug Testing Designated Position (TDP). All applicants tentatively selected for this position will be required to submit to urinalysis to screen for illegal drug use prior to employment in the position, and periodically thereafter. If you decline to have a drug test, it will be considered a declination for employment .)
                      SECURITY REQUIREMENTS: Yes, Non-Critical Sensitive
                      This position has been designated “mission critical” to this organization. It is critical that this position be filled as soon as possible. This position is designated as Non-Critical Sensitive/Secret. If you are unable to obtain this level of position sensitivity and/or clearance (as a result of undisclosed background issues), within a reasonable period of time (as defined by DHRC-N Director in conjunction with Management and DLA Security), the employment offer may be withdrawn based on mission impact. In addition, incumbent is subject to periodic re-investigation to maintain security eligibility in accordance with DoD 5200.2-R.

Its pretty sad but I did not get my first clearance interview until 3 years after I hired into the government.
                      Last edited by orlandofed5-0; 10-06-2009, 10:57 PM. Reason: Add and edit

Comment

Same thing... Secret and Non critical sensitive secret are pretty much the same in terms of government backgrounds. Its an NACI, residency and credit check.

Here is a copy of your guys last opening.

http://jobview.usajobs.gov/GetJob.as...62511&TabNum=6

Its pretty sad but I did not get my first clearance interview until 3 years after I hired into the government.

You should know to never believe what the JOA says about the job, I'm telling you it's Secret now... Non critical sensitive has been removed we have 20 or more guys waiting for clearance to start.

Comment

ok, well who should I call as it is coming up on 120 days double the average time for "normal" processing.

Comment

ok, well who should I call as it is coming up on 120 days double the average time for "normal" processing.

Call the Chief of Police there. Ask him what's up...

Comment

I called the chief and he advised people for with no federal service it has been taking from 7 mos to a year and 3 to 5 for guys with previous service. i dont know how they keep up. But i guess ill just wait. For info there is an opening on USAJOBS for 3 vacancies there now

Comment

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 9694 users online. 410 members and 9284 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X