300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ammo?

I was just curious what type of rounds you carry. While a active duty MP we carried 45 rounds of plain 9mm ammo, but as a AF civilian officer we carry 30 hollow point 9mm ammo.
    on the job.....

Carry 30 rounds Hollow Point stateside 30 round ball overseas here.
    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

We carry Sig 228's with 45 rounds of 9 mm Ball.
      Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

9mm ball currently. In the not so distant future, it is anyone’s guess as we have to get all new weapons for us civilians. Hopefully 45 rounds of .40 hollow point or something other than 9mm. We do have one old timer that wants .38 wheel guns, his reason “I have always wanted to carry one and think it would be cool” thankfully he retires in about 3 weeks.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

one round ball in the right shirt pocket...

and 4 bandoliers of 4+1 link

Comment

Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
            I was just curious what type of rounds you carry. While a active duty MP we carried 45 rounds of plain 9mm ammo, but as a AF civilian officer we carry 30 hollow point 9mm ammo.
            Why not 46 or 31?
            Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
            Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
              Why not 46 or 31?
              I believe its a result of magazine issuance, Law Enforcement/Government Magazines typically hold fifteen 9mm rounds per magazine. As a MP he carried 3 magazines equalling 45 and as a civilian he carries 2 mags equalling 30.
              Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

I was referring to the round in the chamber.
                Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

oh, they still only issue you what the mags carry, I keep 15 in the mag and one chambered leaving my last mag with only 14. I would venture to say that the rationale is probably based on ammo accountablity. There is no good Law Enforcement reason in doing so, I believe its strictly an accountablity measure. Most DoD policies are created with the teenage MP in mind and not the seasoned law enforcement professional.
                  Last edited by Re-Birth; 10-03-2009, 10:05 AM. Reason: typo

Comment

Armory

They also only issue you what the magazines hold because is you were allowed to top off there would have to be loose rounds kept in the armory. Very unsightly and un-military looking at inspection time. Plus as the previous poster said, it just make accountability easier.

Comment

we carry good ole' fashioned colt .45,,,,errr wait, fantasy slipped in, i should say we carry the army approved berretta 9mm with ball ammo (45 rds), heard hollow points are available, but.... (actually the berretta is not a bad handgun IMO, i like it a lot, but shhhhhh dont tell nobody.

Comment

Originally posted by DAL View Post
                        Why not 46 or 31?

(1) Magazine capacity
                        (2) Issued loaded magazines - strict accountability

Comment

Originally posted by Re-Birth View Post
                          Most DoD policies are created with the teenage MP in mind and not the seasoned law enforcement professional.
                          sad but true
                          on the job.....

Comment

DACP, have you heard of the DOD cops going to a diff firearm than the 9mm? I am pretty sure at my base they get two mags with 9mm ammo at 30 rounds.

Comment

We carry 45 9mm rounds (for the service pistol) and 90 5.56mm rounds (for the M4 rifle).

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3772 users online. 168 members and 3604 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X