Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DACP Academys, White Sands, Ft LW, APG

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • DACP Academys, White Sands, Ft LW, APG

    Greetings, which Acads have you guys been to, and what are the good ones, and ones that you don't want to attend. I have to go to the Acad, even though I am certified in my state as a PO. No worries though, just want to know what to expect. White Sands is the only one with a web site, but does not say to much about the DACP part of it. thanks in advance.

  • #2
    Never went to any of those academies. I know a few who went to APG.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

    Comment


    • #3
      Those are the three that they are saying they are going to send us to. They have not said which one though.

      Comment


      • #4
        What are the dates they are looking at?
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

        Comment


        • #5
          They are all gentlemen’s academies if you will none of that yelling and screaming, room check BS, nope they give you a time and you show up. WSMR and APG you stay off base in a hotel that they have contracted through for a discount rate. The guys that I know that have gone have said it is not hard, but it not a walk in the park. It is beyond the garbage that they teach you in MP school, you actually learn stuff. FLW has a web site you need AKO access to get in to it, go to http://www.wood.army.mil/usamps/ on the left look for courses under training, it will take you to AKO log on, and then it will take you to the courses page DACP is under Basic Military Police Courses. You can figure out the rest. Gives all the info you need, including a breakdown of the classes and times.
          It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

          Comment


          • #6
            With what the army did to the guys who set up the academy at APG, I would refuse to go. I know most of them got good settlements but they lost the CALEA accrediation and the fact that MD will no longer accept the APG academy.
            I don't answer recruitment messages....

            Comment


            • #7
              Our post is trying to send all civilians to the states academy after they go to the DACP academy because the training in comparison is joke from what all of the our new guys are saying and some have gone to APG and other White Sands. Maybe on day the Army will wake up and take Law Enforcement serious. One of the many reasons were losing alot of guys to other agencies and I am getting out myself.

              Comment


              • #8
                Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
                With what the army did to the guys who set up the academy at APG, I would refuse to go. I know most of them got good settlements but they lost the CALEA accrediation and the fact that MD will no longer accept the APG academy.
                What happend, having a brain fart
                It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

                Comment


                • #9
                  There is no need to go through a state academy if you dont get the same respect on and off base. I guess according to the Regs in place now, you walk off base we are not Police anymore....Training is always a good thing though!! just alot of money to send someone though State Acad around here.

                  Comment


                  • #10
                    Originally posted by DACP View Post
                    What happend, having a brain fart
                    Will pm it to you later on.

                    Originally posted by spd2008
                    There is no need to go through a state academy if you dont get the same respect on and off base. I guess according to the Regs in place now, you walk off base we are not Police anymore....Training is always a good thing though!! just alot of money to send someone though State Acad around here.
                    No need to be the police off base. Its good if your looking to keep a state commission and work part time. But if you get hurt, Uncle Sugar wont take care of you.
                    I don't answer recruitment messages....

                    Comment


                    • #11
                      Thats what I am saying, why would a base spend the money for you to work part time off base at another agency, then for you to find out that you like that more and just leave. And you are right I am sure if you moonlight somewhere and get hurt, show up the next day and can't go, that could be a bad thing.

                      Comment


                      • #12
                        Originally posted by spd2008 View Post
                        Thats what I am saying, why would a base spend the money for you to work part time off base at another agency, then for you to find out that you like that more and just leave. And you are right I am sure if you moonlight somewhere and get hurt, show up the next day and can't go, that could be a bad thing.
                        Some do it for convience. The old AR 190-56, such as the one I was hired under at Walter Reed required one to have either FLETC or a state academy prior to assuming any LE duties. If not the army was required to send you to training. I know my class at FLETC was about almost all DoD police (this was before DA police etc..)

                        Fort Dix in NJ USED to send P/O's after a year or 2 to the local academy in NJ. I know people who applied there just to see if they would be sent and were disappointed they were not.

                        They cant restrict your off duty employment (unless it interfers with your fed employment), so like I stated, if your hurt, your SOL.
                        I don't answer recruitment messages....

                        Comment

                        MR300x250 Tablet

                        Collapse

                        What's Going On

                        Collapse

                        There are currently 3471 users online. 177 members and 3294 guests.

                        Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

                        Welcome Ad

                        Collapse
                        Working...
                        X