X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jim1648
    Forum Member
    • Nov 2005

Army MP Released From Our Jail

I was walking by our jail release area the other day and saw one of the inmates getting released had a U.S. Army Military Police camouflage case of some type slung over his shoulder. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean the person possessing it is or was Army MP, but it made me wonder what the standards are for getting into the MPs. Is it pretty similar to Infantry, Artillery, etc., or is it much more stringent. (Hopefully this doesn't turn into a flame fest here. I was never in the military and I am just curious.)
  • reils49
    Forum Member
    • Sep 2006

You can't be color blind.
    I make my living on Irish welfare.

Comment

• MP-K-9
      Forum Member
      • Sep 2009

To Be An Mp

Originally posted by Jim1648
      I was walking by our jail release area the other day and saw one of the inmates getting released had a U.S. Army Military Police camouflage case of some type slung over his shoulder. Granted, that doesn't necessarily mean the person possessing it is or was Army MP, but it made me wonder what the standards are for getting into the MPs. Is it pretty similar to Infantry, Artillery, etc., or is it much more stringent. (Hopefully this doesn't turn into a flame fest here. I was never in the military and I am just curious.)
      I was Infantry when i was Active duty and can say were alittle crazy. Currently in Iraq Reserve MP.
      When i wanted to join my unit i the career counslour had to first ensure that you have no Article 15's, or disiplinary actions no demestic violence, no Felonys or other types of things that a normal agency would look for sit and talk to the commander , bring a copy of a local records check a finger print card and fill out an SF86 and you must be able to abtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance. And for the K-9 School was mandatory Clearance and MP. Take care.
      Last edited by MP-K-9; 09-26-2009, 11:01 AM.
      "whys the sky blue? because god loves the Infantry"

Comment

• DACP
        Forum Member
        • Jan 2008

An MP getting busted is no different then a police officer getting busted, it happens. The Mp field is a large field, and for all any one knows he might not be a garrison Mp, he could be doing field duty's, who knows, who cares, if it is a serious incident then the unit will do what they need, and he will go packing, just as if any civilian officer got busted.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

• Unit453
          Cant keep it under 100...
          • Dec 2007

Back in the day there were some pretty healthy standards. All the ****** bags were phased out or re-classed to other jobs. Yes, some got arrested but as far as I remember, it was for DUI's and traffic related stuff.

And for the record, after 9/11, everything changed. Standards across the board dropped dramatically. It changed from quality to quantity. Its all a numbers game now. Training changed from law enforcement to combat support stuff. If you breathe, aren't on some kind of friggen profile, you arse is deploying. Thats just reality.

Comment

• Floyd_jones
            Forum Member
            • Jun 2009

unfortunately to be a 3P031 (Security Forces) in the Air Force, you need to score a whooping 33 on your ASVAB.

Comment

• Kimble
              Why so serious?
              • Mar 2009

As military LE, I've worked criminal cases against military police (active duty), and was surprised initially to find out there's no background investigation process (except for the security clearance).
              sigpic

Comment

• orlandofed5-0
                One Night In Bangkok
                • Dec 2004

Originally posted by Floyd_jones
                unfortunately to be a 3P031 (Security Forces) in the Air Force, you need to score a whooping 33 on your ASVAB.
                Wow..They up'ed the score. It used to be a 32 after the merger.
                I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

• Floyd_jones
                  Forum Member
                  • Jun 2009

I think it may actually be 34 now to be honest

Comment

• westside popo
                    Forum Member
                    • Jun 2009

Standards?
                    I didn't know the MP Corps had standards any more?

Comment

• Jim1648
                      Forum Member
                      • Nov 2005

Army MP Released From Our Jail

Originally posted by Kimble
                      As military LE, I've worked criminal cases against military police (active duty), and was surprised initially to find out there's no background investigation process (except for the security clearance).
                      I suspect that is still the case to this day, that there is no background investigation. Regardless of your feelings on the MMPI, I would think at least something like that might be administered to anybody before the government gives them a firearm, but I guess not.

Comment

• Bearcat357
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2007

Originally posted by Jim1648
                        Errr....couldn't you have looked at the jail booking card/computer to see if he in fact was a MP....?

Just sayin....

Comment

• DAL
                          "Official Non-Person"
                          • Dec 2005

I doubt that a background would reveal much.

Most of them are probably pretty young when they join the Army, so you would not expect to find much in the background. They wouldn't be expected to have a stable job or credit history.

Does the Army have access to juvenile records?
                          Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored. -- Aldous Huxley
                          Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity. -- Albert Einstein

Comment

• Lonestarcop
                            Forum Member
                            • Jul 2009

As an army MP i can tell you there arn't any real tough standards. No outstanding background, no family violence, ASVAB of 35 and your in = )

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12081 users online. 74 members and 12007 guests.

Most users ever online was 185,715 at 05:04 PM on 12-04-2023.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...