300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Civilans

Are Navy civilians allowed to use services such as child care on post?

Originally posted by dan813 View Post
    Are Navy civilians allowed to use services such as child care on post?
    It depends upon the base and the CO. Most I have seen allow civilians to use the daycare and the fitness facilities. However generally the NEX/BX/PX and comissary are off limits.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      It depends upon the base and the CO. Most I have seen allow civilians to use the daycare and the fitness facilities. However generally the NEX/BX/PX and comissary are off limits.
      They may have to pay for these services, given the current fiscal issues many bases are facing. I know that one of the local bases has started to charge to use the gym, where it used to be free for government employees. It is still cheaper than off base facilities though, and if you work on or near the base it can be a time saver.

Comment

Originally posted by smk99 View Post
        They may have to pay for these services, given the current fiscal issues many bases are facing. I know that one of the local bases has started to charge to use the gym, where it used to be free for government employees. It is still cheaper than off base facilities though, and if you work on or near the base it can be a time saver.
        Yeah I heard that. Our fitness "area" is still free paid for by the union dues from the various unions. Ive heard a rumor that DeCA and NEX/AAFES lost money and may look to sell memberships to civilians but limiting the amount of the purchuases (nothing over $1000) and the days you can be in there.
        I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
          Yeah I heard that. Our fitness "area" is still free paid for by the union dues from the various unions. Ive heard a rumor that DeCA and NEX/AAFES lost money and may look to sell memberships to civilians but limiting the amount of the purchuases (nothing over $1000) and the days you can be in there.
          While I'm all for it, I am sure that the business lobby would make a fuss about such a move. They already don't like the subsidies that the military provides to the DeCA and NEXCOM/AAFES. I miss the savings that can be had on the large items. That said, I find that at least locally, the NEX is hard pressed to win any price war on items less than $1000. The only savings is on the taxes.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6334 users online. 317 members and 6017 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X