300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheat Sheet

I was wondering if anyone recently bought or compiled any quick reference material regarding the 51 (including DC) state requirements for license plate display and expiration. And how long the military extensions are for each state.

People at my Dept. made one back in 2005 but I dont feel comfortable relying on a 5 yr old document to enforce law. I wanted to ask the forum prior to taking on the arduous task of researching the information on all 51 states.

P.S. If anyone has any other kind of quick reference material that might be beneficial let it be known.
    Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Do you mean license extensions or just the plates themselves?
    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

i mean both, the license and plate extentions, i seems like i may to have to do the legwork on this, i doesnt look like anyone has any..
      Never ask a man if he served in the Marine Corps! If he earned the title "Marine" he will tell you, if he didn't, there is no need to embarrass him.

Comment

I will have to look at what I have when I get back to work later in the week, as far as plate extensions, I have never heard of those, only a license (DL) extension and most of those (not all) are 30 days after discharge.
        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

There all in the NC LE Officers 2009 quick ref guide. If I wasn't so lazy I would scan it and post it on here for you.

Comment

California has an extension for licenses 30 days after discharge unless you are in the state. There is no extension for license plates. We do have what is known as a pending master file which means someone has started the registration process or renewal but has not finished it. And here if you have two license plates issued you must display two plates, if one was issued then you display one.
            Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

I never heard of a plate extension only license. We had a infantry commander on post years ago decide to tell his troops not to renew their plates cause they didnt have to, we had to explain to him that plates had to be up to date. I would have to say about 45 states allow military extentions I remember their were a couple of states that required renewal and the license they issued for the renewal didnt have a photo on it.
              on the job.....

Comment

Wow, guess the crime is low or bored with traffic? Anyway, most states now allow license extentions, but not license plates/registration.
                "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Well working the gate couldnt let people on with expired plates
                  on the job.....

Comment

Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
                    Well working the gate couldnt let people on with expired plates
                    What does that have to do with access on a base? That's the first I have of this.
                    "An excuse is worse and more terrible than a lie, for an excuse is a lie guarded."

Comment

Per post commander and Provost Marshall they said vehicle must have current registration to access post with a vehicle.
                      on the job.....

Comment

Originally posted by DH2002 View Post
                        Per post commander and Provost Marshall they said vehicle must have current registration to access post with a vehicle.
                        Ok...so how is a 0085 suppose to enforce this? And is this policy always in full effect 100% percent of the time. Do you check every vehicles registration as they enter a base? Either way, most bases all you need is a valid Military ID and or Retired ID to enter a base.

Comment

Well this was when I was a MP and at the gate (3 years ago) and not all places have only 0085 at the gates, i'm a 0083 and work the gate sometimes as well. When we did get civilian guards at the gate they would make them do a u turn off post or call one of the patrols. Access procedures can vary from post to post.
                          Last edited by DH2002; 09-20-2009, 02:15 PM.
                          on the job.....

Comment

Originally posted by irishlad2nv View Post
                            Ok...so how is a 0085 suppose to enforce this? And is this policy always in full effect 100% percent of the time. Do you check every vehicles registration as they enter a base? Either way, most bases all you need is a valid Military ID and or Retired ID to enter a base.
                            They way our guys do it is one stands so that the vehicle has to pass him. While one guard checks the ID, he's checking the sticker on the plate to make sure it current. If it's just one guy at the Gate, they *should* take notice of it as it's going by. Unless they just got back from a deployment, they can't come on. (It's been like this since I worked a gate in 1998, btw) If it's from another state, they'll run it and see what's up. If they don't have current insurance, They're walking as well.
                            This is for Plates though, ie Registration. DL's will be run as well and they'll check for any kind of extention.
                            If you are looking for a book or guide, most Air Force LE Desks *should* have it. Ask them and make copies if you need to. If you can't get help there, try your Dept of DL office and see what they can get for you.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4060 users online. 195 members and 3865 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X