300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• "Special Employment Programs"

Okay, it's an 0085 (not 0083) announcement, but besides the one I just got from USAJOBS, I got one earlier this week from the state DOL. It's almost like they're getting desperate or something. If they have five vacancies, for Term positions of not more than one year, maybe they are desperate.
    Anyway, I think this is the first time I've seen "Special Employment Programs" mentioned under Key Requirements. I Googled up some of 'em, such as the Veterans Readjustment Appointment Program. Anyone got any insight on this? (VRAP, I think I've got covered.)

BTW, also got a referral the other day from the state DOL, for an outfit called Alutiiq International. They were looking for security officers and supervisors, also for NAS Brunswick (and Kittery), for a couple bucks per hour less than what the GS-0085-05 jobs would work out to if figured at base pay/(40x52).
    Alutiiq seems to have the contracts at a bunch of Army bases now, too. Big report on the Congressional waiver, blah blah blah, here.

Is this about phasing out 0085s as well as military security personnel, or what?
    --
    Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Originally posted by RR_Security View Post
    Okay, it's an 0085 (not 0083) announcement, but besides the one I just got from USAJOBS, I got one earlier this week from the state DOL. It's almost like they're getting desperate or something. If they have five vacancies, for Term positions of not more than one year, maybe they are desperate.
    Anyway, I think this is the first time I've seen "Special Employment Programs" mentioned under Key Requirements. I Googled up some of 'em, such as the Veterans Readjustment Appointment Program. Anyone got any insight on this? (VRAP, I think I've got covered.)

BTW, also got a referral the other day from the state DOL, for an outfit called Alutiiq International. They were looking for security officers and supervisors, also for NAS Brunswick (and Kittery), for a couple bucks per hour less than what the GS-0085-05 jobs would work out to if figured at base pay/(40x52).
    Alutiiq seems to have the contracts at a bunch of Army bases now, too. Big report on the Congressional waiver, blah blah blah, here.

Is this about phasing out 0085s as well as military security personnel, or what?

Army wise contractors are going bye-bye and being replaced with 0083 police officers and 0085 security guards.
    I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by orlandofed5-0 View Post
      Army wise contractors are going bye-bye and being replaced with 0083 police officers and 0085 security guards.
      Okay; I hadn't seen anything newer than that GAO document (2006) about that. It looked like the waiver for replacing military (and maybe GS-types) with contractor personnel was going to be extended only if the contractor people met the same high standards as the people they replaced.

I might take a shot at one of the 0085 openings, but the contract jobs are less than what I'm making now. Brunswick is due to be closed by 2011, but it might not be a bad gig for a year.
      --
      Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

orlando, does the new avatar mean you got the gig with the DLA, if so welcome to the DLA family. I'm at DSRC

Comment

Army wise contractors are going bye-bye and being replaced with 0085 security guards.
          GS-04/05

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post
            GS-04/05

I know where Iam at we are converting the guards to police officers. Instead of having gs-05/6 guards its going all 0083. I think Myer is going to have gs-05/0085's.

Originally posted by onetime_u
            orlando, does the new avatar mean you got the gig with the DLA, if so welcome to the DLA family. I'm at DSRC
            Yes. Will be joining DLA police Ft. Belvoir. Looking to work my way over to DCIA.

Comment

I know where Iam at we are converting the guards to police officers. Instead of having gs-05/6 guards its going all 0083. I think Myer is going to have gs-05/0085's.
              I've seen what HQ IMCOM has said about it....but they are giving the local garrisons lots of leeway....

Hence why it's going to be 0085 GS-4/5 here.... We are going to end up with fry cooks and janitors.....

Comment

I've seen what HQ IMCOM has said about it....but they are giving the local garrisons lots of leeway....

Hence why it's going to be 0085 GS-4/5 here.... We are going to end up with fry cooks and janitors.....
                Yeah our chief wants to just convert them all to 0083. Instead of doing a promotional system such as hiring as a gs-0085/5 guard, then after a year not being an tool promote to gs-06 police officer.

Just remember it cant be as bad as the GS-03 police officers the navy hires at Pearl, Norfolk or San Diego.

Comment

Just remember it cant be as bad as the GS-03 police officers the navy hires at Pearl.

How many of them do you think will be applying for our stuff...?

Glad I don't have much to do with that mess....

Comment

How many of them do you think will be applying for our stuff...?

Glad I don't have much to do with that mess....
                    From reading another DoD message board, you are getting a few from Pearl going over your way for employment.I wouldnt hire most of them without sending them through a real police academy.

Comment

From reading another DoD message board, you are getting a few from Pearl going over your way for employment.I wouldnt hire most of them without sending them through a real police academy.
                      For 0085, we are going in-house training.....training is inline with what IMCOM wants per their latest message.....

For 0083, we are sending to FLW....only exceptions are if we allow for past experience to waiver an academy.....

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5881 users online. 319 members and 5562 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X