Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Offduty LEO bringing firearm onto military base?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Offduty LEO bringing firearm onto military base?

To any Guard or Reservist that is a Sworn Police Officer, when you arrive to your duty station how or do you address your firearm?

I know most bases prohibit the carrying of firearms by LEO's unless they are performing official duties.
    Professionalism always, courtesy until it's time not to be.

Comment

If they ever do a vehicle search I always tell them my off duty gun is in my console. They never say anything because they know we carry off duty as well.
      I go on base all the time so they know me.
      Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by jetvette1 View Post
        To any Guard or Reservist that is a Sworn Police Officer, when you arrive to your duty station how or do you address your firearm?
        If you are orders.....you will have to turn all weapons into your unit upon arrival.....

You will not be allowed to carry on post.....and will not be allowed to carry CCW....

To check your weapon out....you will have to go through your 1SG and/or CDR every time....

Comment

Originally posted by jetvette1 View Post
          It's a non-issue. As a sworn LEO and military retiree, I routinely carry aboard military installations, both on and off duty. Do it discreetly and there won't be any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by SWATCybercop View Post
            It's a non-issue. As a sworn LEO and military retiree, I routinely carry aboard military installations, both on and off duty. Do it discreetly and there won't be any problems.
            I asked a gate gaurd at an AFB and showed him my LEO ID. He just told me to leave it in my vehicle. I'm no longer military and was going on base with someone else. However I got the impression that he we was extending what profesional courtesy he could under the circumstances. Other wise I would have had to take my pistol to the base armorer.

Comment

His problem will be if he is actually on orders or not. If he is on orders, he will have to turn it into the unit.....that's per Army Regs. He keeps it in the car and the do a health/welfare inspection.....or its seen by someone in his unit...he could be screwed....

Just saying.....it's a big difference just coming/going off post and being assigned to a unit on said post....

Comment

What works for me is that I show my police ID since all CCW have to be declared at the gate. Problem solved.
                Disclaimer: The writer does not represent any organization, employer, entity or other individual. The views expressed are those only of the writer. In the case of a sarcastic, facetious, nonsensical, stirring-the-pot, controversial or devil's advocate-type post, the views expressed may not even reflect those of the writer [This sig stolen from Brickcop who stole it from Frank Booth].

Comment

Originally posted by That Guy View Post
                  What works for me is that I show my police ID since all CCW have to be declared at the gate. Problem solved.
                  But you are not on orders....he will be...

Huge difference......

Comment

Originally posted by Bearcat357 View Post

Huge difference......
                    I finally caught what you're saying. You're right, if your reporting to your unit you go by military rules.
                    Do you police in the jurisdiction of the base you work at? That might be the only exception.

Even when I go on base I keep my gun in the console unless I'm in uniform.
                    Due to the Juvenile bickering and annoying trolling committed by members of this forum I have started an igore list. If your name is listed below I can't see you.

CityCopDC, Fire Moose, Carbonfiberfoot, Damiansolomon

Comment

Originally posted by leesrt View Post
                      Do you police in the jurisdiction of the base you work at? That might be the only exception.
                      If he's on orders, it's just like he's back in the military.....he has to keep his weapons in the Arms Room and can only get them out when he's allowed to do so by 1SG or CDR.......

He gets caught with them in his POV or in his barracks room....it will be a bad, bad day for him.....

Hell, the DOA Police aren't suppose to pack on post off-duty. Most do but that's based on having decent Chaing of Command.....

Comment

If you are orders........
                        His problem will be if he is actually on orders or not.

Huge difference.....
                        If he's on orders, it's just like he's back in the military.....
                        I don't get it bear, what are you trying to say
                        It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

That is great for MOST installations. At my facility a CAC card or retiree id does not get you on board. IF your visiting for whatever reason, your vehicle will be searched. If you refuse, you will not be on board. We have no CO here and our authority comes from title 40 usc.
                          I don't answer recruitment messages....

Comment

Originally posted by DACP View Post
                            I don't get it bear, what are you trying to say
                            Everyone not realizing that he is going to be on orders....and thats a different beast then just passing through or visiting....

Oh...I'm on world-wide.....

Comment

Everyone not realizing that he is going to be on orders....and thats a different beast then just passing through or visiting....

Oh...I'm on world-wide.....
                              I'll look you up when I get to work tomorrow
                              It could be that the purpose of your life is only to serve as a warning to others.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5721 users online. 314 members and 5407 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on Yesterday.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X