Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• M-1 Garands for Honor Guards....help?

Hey former military guys & girls -

I once had the info but lost it. Does anyone know the Pentagon contact info to get M-1 Garands (pre-fitted with BFA's) for honor guards? Our department may be creating a ceremonial unit/detail and will need them.

If anyone has the info, I would appreciate a link or contact.

Thanks,
    Kieth M.
    "You're never fully dressed without a smile."

Pain is inevitable, suffering is optional.

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

I dont have a link, but the VFW and American Legion where I am have them. That may be a resource.

Comment

If you ever find a place, put a link or something up. My little brother's JROTC Honor Guard rifles are looking a bit shabby.
      "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
      for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

Found my own answer!

Here's the link:

http://www.tacom.army.mil/ceremonial_rifle/index.htm

Good luck!

Three things I know for sure: (1) No bad deed goes unrewarded, (2) No good deed goes unpunished, and (3) It is entirely possible to push the most devoted, loyal and caring person beyond the point where they no longer give a 5h!t.

Comment

What do you mean by "Good Luck"?

Is it tough to get these rifles?
          I am thinking of trying to get some for our Honor Guard.

Comment

Originally posted by Thisguy1996 View Post
            What do you mean by "Good Luck"?

Is it tough to get these rifles?
            I don't know anyone who has tried to obtain these in several years, so yeah, I mean good luck. Let us know how it goes. We're months away from being able to house/store anything like this.

Comment

It's not hard to get these rifles, just a few things you need to do first, check here and they will give you all the info you need.

Civilian Marksmanship Program

http://www.odcmp.com/

Some frequently asked questions:

I belong to a Veteran’s Organization, does that count as an affiliated club?
              Yes, starting in 2005 Congressionally chartered veterans’ organizations (VFW, American Legion, etc.) are recognized as CMP special affiliates. Any member of these organizations, who wishes to purchase military surplus items from the CMP and fulfills all other requirements, may purchase those items by submitting proof of membership.

How do I become a member of the CMP?
              At this time there is no direct membership in the CMP. Membership is through one of our affiliated clubs or organizations. There are currently over 1800 affiliated organizations. All of our shooting events are accessible to anyone regardless of their affiliation or club membership, but to purchase anything from the CMP, an individual must show proof of belonging to an affiliated club or organization.

Hope this helps.

Comment

There are currently over 1800 affiliated organizations.

I wonder in JROTC would be one of them. I'd hate for the honor guard to get good working rifles and just dump lead down the barrel.
                "Oh, you hate your job? Why didn't you say so? There's a support group
                for that. It's called EVERYBODY, and they meet at the bar." --Drew Carey

Comment

They're in the mail!

I wrote the draft for the request letter and filled out the forms, maybe three weeks ago.

Yesterday, the Chief's assistant told me they were contacted by the Army and the rifles will be here next week. They spent the previous day talking with the local Postmistress arranging delivery to us, as we have only a P.O. box aand don't get mail delivered to our door.

I'll let you guys know what happens!

Comment

We just got about 15 of them for our Honor Guard. They are awesome looking. What do you mean pre fitted with BFA's?

Comment

BFAs are blank firing devices, I guess he wants to 21 gun salute them rather than just parage carry.

Comment

We just got 'em in!

Eight M-1 Garand rifles arrived, yesterday, and they look pretty good. The BFA's were already installed and match the barrel coloring.

The clips and 1200+ rounds of blank .30 cal. ammo arrived separately over the last few weeks.

So, from start to finish, it was a little over three months. But it didn't cost us anything except postage to mail the letters.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6758 users online. 363 members and 6395 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X