300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Osi-ima

I am 7 prior service infantryman, and have been a Deputy Sheriff for the last 10 years. I am looking into the USAF Reserve IMA program for OSI Agent. I have read many of the threads, and most are talking about civilian agents.

I have been told that the 10 week FLETC is cut down some based on past experience? Also, what can an IMA OSI agent expect to do on their drills, etc. Anyone here done that program?

Thanks

I didnt think IMA's drilled. Dont they just come in like once a year for two weeks or something like that> I know thaey are not regular one weekend a monthers

Comment

Originally posted by alpha1906 View Post
      I didnt think IMA's drilled. Dont they just come in like once a year for two weeks or something like that> I know thaey are not regular one weekend a monthers
      The only difference between IMAs and regular reservists is that IMAs are attached to active duty units, not a reserve unit. IMAs must do their 2 weeks a year, and their regular drill days, just like traditional reservists. The difference is they do them with an active duty unit. That makes it much harder for an IMA to juggle their full time job and reserve duties because their drill days are not usually on weekends.

Comment

I have had Tues Wed Thur off for the last 4 years......so that should work out. With being a cop already, I just tell them when I need to be gone, and its taken care of.

My primary question right now is whether or not current law enforcement officers attend the full 10 week Basic FLETC or is it cut down at all? I know the OSI 6 weeks is the full course though.

Comment

Flying Pig,
          All OSI agents attend the Criminal Investigator Training Program (CITP) which is about 10 weeks and then AFOSI's follow-on Basic Investigator Program, which is 6-8 weeks. I don't remember exact lengths. Regardless of your current occupation, you must attend both unless you have attended CITP with another agency. For example, I went to CITP in 2005 and when we got the OSI follow-on, we had an ATF agent who became an IMA in that class. He had went through CITP in 2002.

In the past, OSI did take other Federal Agents and send them to a two week school. I was deployed with a USMS deputy marshal who did this. That was back when the OSI academy was back at Bolling AFB.

Any other questions, let me know.

Comment

Thanks for the info. I talked to an agent at an OSI office and asked them directly. I guess OSI did an "experiment" some time ago with Reserve agents who were also current cops, but they did away with it. He said expect anywhere from 18-19 weeks.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5210 users online. 298 members and 4912 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X