300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Law Enforcement sUAS (drone) Programs

Have any of your agencies implemented an sUAS (drone) program in any capacity? Understanding that the increased availability and affordability of unmanned aircraft systems puts them within the realm of possibility for agencies who may not have the budget to sustain traditional (manned) aircraft programs, I would have figured this a more popular topic. Regardless, using the search function has failed to locate any forum threads on the topic.

I'm in the process of working out an sUAS program for our agency and have found that a significant number of mid to large size agencies in my state are doing the same. It would be great to discuss the topic with others who have knowledge and experience in using drones for law enforcement applications.

Thanks

I was part of the Border Patrols sUAS testing group a few years back, and I was impressed with Aero Enviorements platforms. Also Yuneec has great products which are affordable. I have two Yuneec models for personal use and they are pretty amazing for the price. AVinc stuff might be to much money for smaller departments, but I would think any department can afford Yuneec stuff.

https://www.avinc.com/solutions/tactical-isr

http://commercial.yuneec.com/commerce-home

Comment

Alameda county sheriffs office, is using DJI drones at the moment, they are probably one of the busiest drone units in the country. Give them a call, they love helping other departments get started.

Comment

Originally posted by mike1390 View Post
        Alameda county sheriffs office, is using DJI drones at the moment, they are probably one of the busiest drone units in the country. Give them a call, they love helping other departments get started.
        Thank you for the reply, Mike. I may have to contact them. What state?

In any event, we have acquired Part 107 Remote Pilot certification for 4 of our folks at this point and we are in the process of purchasing 10 drones for a variety of uses. The next step is to begin the Public COA application process with the FAA. This process, and that of obtaining subsequent jurisdictional COAs, is what I was hoping to discuss.

Comment

Look up the Los Angeles Sheriff Department in California. Their Special Enforcement Bureau, they deploy drones on their operations. I know the Department doesn't deploy they as a patrol function
          I'd rather be judged by 12 rather carried by 6.

It should be noted that any and all post that are made are based on my own thought and opinions. And are not related or implied to represent the department I work for.

Comment

My department was ready to make the jump and invest a substantial amount of funding into this, but some SCOTUS rulings have sidelined the project.
            SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
            SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2017, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $350. to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7546 users online. 305 members and 7241 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X