Collapse

Leaderboard Tablet

Collapse

Leaderboard Mobile

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Apps are you using for work on your cell phone/tablet?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Apps are you using for work on your cell phone/tablet?

I have used Capture Notes 2 in the past. Mainly I am using a pdf program so I can take my report to court. It also comes in handy while waiting to get a chance to testify I can keep my mind busy on useless stuff instead of worrying about testifying. I can also review my reports right up to they call me in.
    Stupid has no color or race, everyone can participate.

IIRC there was another thread about PD use of phone apps not long ago. You may be able to do a search and find it.

I have several different weather apps.
    All of the local TV channel apps for news reports and breaking news.
    White pages
    Yellow pages
    Dictionary
    Chemical Safety app
    Hazmat reference
    Zip code app
    Area Code app
    An app that has the current traffic and criminal laws
    Language translator
    Drug ID app

Comment

Angry Birds, Farmville, and Pet Rescue keep me busy and alert while waiting at court or on a boring surveillance gig. Other than that, I don't use many phone apps for work.
      Getting shot hurts! Don't under estimate the power of live ammo. A .22LR can kill you! I personally feel that it's best to avoid being shot by any caliber. Your vest may stop the bullet, but you'll still get a nice bruise or other injury to remember the experience.

Comment

Thanks Darin. I was thinking that there would be some new app that might help with the job not the boredom. FireCop, did you have to buy those apps or are they mostly free?

Comment

Originally posted by IAM Rand View Post
          Thanks Darin. I was thinking that there would be some new app that might help with the job not the boredom. FireCop, did you have to buy those apps or are they mostly free?
          It was a mixture of the two. Some I purchased, some were free.

Comment

Didn't have any apps because my phone was a flip stupid phone and I loved it, push the buttons and actually talk to people.
            Train for tomorrow, for you never know what it will bring to the fight.
            In the school of Policing, there is no graduation day.

Arguing on the internet, is like wrestling with a pig in mud. After a while you realize that while you are getting dirty, the pig is actually enjoying it.
            Do Not Disturb sign should read, Already Disturbed Proceed With Caution.
            Even if the voices aren't real, They have some really good ideas.

Comment

The guys that have the smart phones here have an app for processing a DWI. A step by step instruction and documentation that complies with our state V&T and then the program will generate all the reports. Amazing stuff.
              Rule #1 - If it doesn't change supper it's not worth the worry.
              Rule #10 - YOU ARE NOW THE MINORITY. This country is no longer the one your parents knew. You will not be able to understand it. You will not be able to change it. You must learn to live with it.

Comment

I am using an app called "Mr. Number" that does reverse number searches and is scary accurate. I have found names linked to phone numbers that I couldn't find any other way (Facebook, TLO, accurint, etc.). It pulls data from all over the place, including online surveys, social media platforms, and other users of the app. It's not perfect (nothing is of course) but I've been amazed at how good it is, and it's free. I use it when I listen to our arrestees' jail calls to find out who they are talking to and it helps me build a list of their associations for intel purposes.
                Last edited by Georgetime; 01-03-2017, 04:45 AM.
                Be dangerous, and unpredictable... and make a lot of noise. - John Bush, Anthrax

Comment

10-21 App is godsend !

Comment

The Chive is a good one...
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                    that we are all that stands between
                    the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

Pulse point. Let's me know what just woke up the fire guys.

Comment

Isn't that usually a calendar photo shoot?

Comment

Text now. It allows you to send texts and make phone calls via WiFi. I use it when a person won't pick up their phone and/or has a voicemail that's not set up to text them. I send a generic message of what I want and tell them not to contact me via the number texnow sends me, as the inbox for the app is not regularly checked. I also turn off notifications on the app so they can't bother me.

Only used it twice (this month) and the message has gotten through both times. Got a call back on the office phone an hour later.

If you don't use the app in a certain period of time, you get a new number, and can always request a new number at any time. Perfect way to text a person and not worry about giving out personal information.

Comment

10-21 is a good app too. Never used it but a lot of the officers here do.
                            The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

"And maybe just remind the few, if ill of us they speak,
                            that we are all that stands between
                            the monsters and the weak." - Michael Marks

sigpic

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 12450 users online. 470 members and 11980 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                            Working...
                            X