Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have an Android Blackberry, pretty cool phone
    USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
    "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
    DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)
    COE:
    VA Police Officer (GS-6), Baltimore/Perry Point MD

Comment

My work phone is a Galaxy S-5. My personal is an iPhone 7.
      The only thing I use the Galaxy for is crime scene photos when not needing a real CS Photographer. Period. Mine sits in my truck on the passenger seat.
      I tried to like it, but iOS is soooooo much easier and friendlier. The Android platform will constantly try to integrate anything "Google" that you may use- pulling personal things like gmail into it's web if you are not careful - not cool with a LE work phone. Might as well use my iPhone....

Oh, they also gave us Nexus tablets to file reports in the field. What a joke- also on an Android platform.
      SUPPORT COP RUN BUSINESSES!!
      SUPPORT LEO BUSINESSES!

In 2016, the sales of my LEO related decals allowed me to donate over $400 to LE/ Military related charities... THANK YOU!!! Check them out HERE...

Comment

Originally posted by J2H View Post
        I have an Android Blackberry, pretty cool phone
        LOVE Blackberry. My PRIV is a great phone, and you can't beat Blackberry security.
        I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

That's what I have, the PRIV, couldn't recall the name of it.
          USAF VETERAN 2004-2012
          "The sheep pretend the wolf will never come, but the sheepdog lives for that day."-LTC Grossman
          DA Security Guard, APG MD (GS-5 Step 06)
          COE:
          VA Police Officer (GS-6), Baltimore/Perry Point MD

Comment

They just released an Android based keyboard phone. I think it's the Keyone. Supposed to be a bad*** phone.
            I yell "PIKACHU" before I tase someone.

Comment

Some of the benefits of mobile technology might not be as exciting to you guys in the US because your MDT capacity is far greater than ours but nationally Australian police forces are starting to stumble into the 21st century.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bkhVNpETPU8

Queensland are currently considered the ones to follow in this regard. They have about 2850 iPads/iPhones issued in a police force of just under 12 000 members and the members that have the devices are saving an average of 30 minutes a shift. They are able to serve things like tickets and banning notices by email or text message, collect evidence and store it in the field.

The potential for streamlining procedures is huge and I'm looking forward to the technology finally making it down to my neck of the woods.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 11605 users online. 469 members and 11136 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 12:44 PM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X