300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• help finding a wireless video camera for surveilance

I need a wireless video camera that I can leave concealed for 24 hours without any maintenance.
    This for surveilance of a drug sales location and we have found a small location at the corner of a conex style shipping box where we can hide the camera and access it once a day or so to change the batteries. We also have a location to hide a laptop to record with a power supply. Any suggestions. My boss is looking for something that is affordable and will fit in our budget. Go figure!!!!! Thanks
    Last edited by T-Man; 02-21-2014, 03:09 PM.

Try talking to your local FBI or DEA office. I won't tell you the kinds of things they have, but they have always been willing to help with some technology loans even if it wasn't one of their cases.

Comment

Not sure about what kind of budget you are specifically working with, but TSE Inc. makes some great wireless surveillance equipment. They can also tailor a setup to your specific needs if you contact them.

http://www.tserecon.com/reconnaissancesurveillance.html
      "The Lord is my light and my salvation, whom shall I fear? The Lord is the stronghold of my life, of whom shall I be afraid?" -Psalm 27:1
      Commissioned Police Officer
      RLTW

Comment

Originally posted by T-Man View Post
        I need a wireless video camera that I can leave concealed for 24 hours without any maintenance.
        This for surveilance of a drug sales location and we have found a small location at the corner of a conex style shipping box where we can hide the camera and access it once a day or so to change the batteries. We also have a location to hide a laptop to record with a power supply. Any suggestions. My boss is looking for something that is affordable and will fit in our budget. Go figure!!!!! Thanks
        You still looking for some cameras?

http://www.apprehensions.videofied.com/us/en/home/

Proven track record on these.
        Pete Malloy, "The only thing black and white about this job is the car."

Comment

I thought the Videofied stuff was great, and it is, except that the company referred all inquiries to a local vendor who is an alarm installer. The alarm company wants to be the monitor for it, for what the alarm companies call "RMR," recurring monthly revenue. I think the Videofied cameras are good for detecting thefts in progress, but probably not so much for recording drug sales.

I'm sticking with my Reconyx and other motion-detecting cams, which are now becoming available with Verizon connections so we don't have to worry about the crappy AT&T/T-Mobile coverage around here. Those cams don't do video, though, or generally not much beyond 60 seconds per trigger.
          --
          Capital Punishment means never having to say "you again?"

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 8957 users online. 347 members and 8610 guests.

Most users ever online was 19,482 at 11:44 AM on 09-29-2011.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X