300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coloradoan looking to move north

With the bill that Polis just signed I may be looking to work in another state.

How are things looking in Wyoming these days?
    "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

juncohere -Only WY LEO/current WY resident I’ve been able to get answers from in the last three years, and it would seem he’s been inactive for more than a year, good luck with your search. He worked for WHP last time we talked.
    Last edited by COMoparfan392; 06-22-2020, 01:12 AM.
    "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

WYO is good, lots of support from citizens. Most all agencies in the state are hiring. There is good diversity if your looking for rural living or city living. Our 2 largest cities are approx 60k population. Casper is always hiring around 100 or so officers. There are plenty of opportunities. Pay varies throughout the state. In many agencies your retirement contribution is picked up or partially picked up by your agency. WHP is also hiring. If you like outdoors stuff its the place to be. Residents can buy over the counter deer and elk tags, state sales tax is capped with a ,x of 6% and property tax is low.

Comment

If you have any specific questions feel to DM me.

Comment

I've wanted to move to Wyoming ever since Longmire.

Comment

Originally posted by UnivPD View Post
            The longer civil unrest in major cities goes on, the more attractive states like WY, MT, and the Dakotas look. I suspect all these sparsely populated states are going to have an major influx of new residents over the next year.
            Last edited by COMoparfan392; 07-20-2020, 04:11 PM.
            "It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived."- George S. Patton Jr.

Comment

Originally posted by COMoparfan392 View Post

The longer civil unrest in major cities goes on, the more attractive states like WY, MT, and the Dakotas look. I suspect all these sparsely populated states are going to have an major influx of new residents over the next year.
              O for sure! I've always thought of moving somewhere like that just because of less people and way more just open country, but Ive thought about that recently too...everyone from Cali is trying to move to Texas...so how long till Wyoming and Montana get that way too. But for me, those winters are a big nope lol so maybe that will hold off most people.

Comment

O for sure! I've always thought of moving somewhere like that just because of less people and way more just open country, but Ive thought about that recently too...everyone from Cali is trying to move to Texas...so how long till Wyoming and Montana get that way too. But for me, those winters are a big nope lol so maybe that will hold off most people.
                All about preferences and what you’re willing to put up with lol. I prefer the cold. I’d imagine it’s still going to be a while before WY hits a million people.
                Last edited by COMoparfan392; 09-08-2020, 02:11 PM.

Comment

Well, Katee Sackhoff doesn't actually live there....
                  "I am a Soldier. I fight where I'm told and I win where I fight." -- GEN George S. Patton, Jr.

"With a brother on my left and a sister on my right, we face…. We face what no one should face. We face, so no one else would face. We are in the face of Death." -- Holli Peet

Comment

Originally posted by DST.Rat View Post
                    If you have any specific questions feel to DM me.
                    PM sent
                    The sheep generally do not like the sheepdog. He looks a lot like the wolf. He has fangs and the capacity for violence. The difference, though, is that the sheepdog must not, cannot and will not ever harm the sheep. Any sheepdog who intentionally harms the lowliest little lamb will be punished and removed.

I Am the Sheepdog.

Comment

I very rarely return here, and when I do it's lurking and not logged in. Wyoming as a state is in a bind financially because of the fossil fuel wars. That being said, WHP is still hiring. Pay hasn't moved - you can make more in a lot of different places in the state doing cop work vs the WHP.

Comment

Originally posted by tanksoldier View Post
                        With the bill that Polis just signed I may be looking to work in another state.
                        Wow. I just read about that. Sounds like a great time to leave Colorado...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4902 users online. 306 members and 4596 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X