300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rawlins PD

Invited to test on April 29th looks like decent benefits and pay is bad either, can anyone shed any light on the Department. I called to do a ride along but they don't do them?

I stopped there at the end of Day 1 of my Saddle Sore 2000 (motorcycle) ride and went to the local PD to get someone to sign my mileage confirmation form. A hot blonde (female) officer (~5' 5") did the duty.

2 thumbs up for the officer. I only saw a little of the town between about 10pm and 4am.
    Last edited by Bounce; 04-13-2011, 11:51 AM.

Comment

An isolated, expensive, and somewhat ugly high desert town. Lots of drug and alcohol abuse. A busy department. Good hunting and fishing. Gets real pretty an hour or so to the south in the mountains. The state pen is there as well, some prison families too. If you are married and have kids, this city could be a hard adjustment. good luck.

Comment

Well just got done testing with the Rawlins PD, I must say I was very impressed with their Department. Testing went as follows:
        Push ups, sit ups and run according to age on Cooper standards, then a small 2.5 hour psych test and then a brief life history questionnaire followed by a great lunch provided by the department. Then it was an interview which consisted of Five people ranging from a school counselor, retiree from RPD, active officer and a Detective and a Chaplin. (sounds like a start of a funny joke) After the interview we did our stressful situation ( you have to go to find out what that was ). All in all I think Rawlins has a bad rap over the years and should not be looked at unless your serious about them. The Chief has been around for about 30 years and is very involved with the community and very knowledgeable. Most of the officers I met had 7-13 years in Rawlins and had nothing but good to say about each other and the department. They use to have there fair share of Meth problems but have managed to clean it up in the past years. It still is somewhat a rough town in the sense that the Rough Necks who work on the Oil rigs come to town to spend money drink alcohol and wind up in trouble with the law.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3661 users online. 200 members and 3461 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X