300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheyenne PD

Has anyone on here ever applied to the Cheyenne PD or has anyone ever worked there? If so, it is hard to get hired on? What is the morale like? What type of schedule do the officers work?

I turned in an application package last week, recently moved to Cheyenne. I'm waiting on my training transcripts, once they show up I'll contact CPD's training section and intended to ask the same questions you posted.
    Information Session - Denver, 21 May 2009
    Interview - Washington D.C., 1 Sep 2009
    Conditional Offer - 13 Nov 2009
    Background - 20 Nov 2009 / Cleared 20 Mar 2010
    Medical - 23 Dec 2009 / Cleared 5 Jan 2010
    Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
    FIT - 5 June 2010, 2 Dec 2010, 15 Jan 2011
    FLETC -
    March 1, 2011

Comment

CPD works 4 10hr shifts (Sun-Wed, Wed-Sat), permanent days, eves, or nights. Seems to be a good gig, although I'm finding it hard to find out much info on morale, ect. The hire date/academy is the first week of August.
      Last edited by RUMotarded; 05-04-2011, 05:13 PM.
      Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
      FLETC -
      March 1, 2011

Comment

After thinking about it for a while (and really dragging my feet on the App) I finally sent mine in today. Im planning on flying out there on the 14th and leaving on the 16th. Anyone got any good advice on a cheap (reallly cheap) hotel?

Comment

Check out Hotwire.com or motel 6. I used them when I stayed in Cheyenne.

Comment

I'm driving out from Chicago on Thursday. I took the POST exam in Cheyenne as I tested for Laramie. It's beautiful out there and everyone seems to be friendly and down to earth. Big on the 2nd Amendment so it seems conservative. Tired of the yuppie snobs and the ghetto trash in Crook County! Good luck to whoever is testing!

Comment

Falcon - You are right, the people here are very friendly and it's a much slower pace of living, which is something I enjoy. I moved here a few months ago, and definately plan on staying. It's a great place to raise kids, and amazing if you are an outdoorsman. From what I hear, the PD is very active and have alot of community involvement. The cost of living here is as cheap as it comes, and the entry-level PD pay is very good considering. There are some drawbacks, being such a small town for a state capital (55k people) and everyone seems to know or be related to everyone here...lol. If anyone in this process makes it through and intends to move here, contact me if you need a good realtor or home builder if you are looking for new construction. You'd be amazed at the house/land you can get for your money here Good luck to everyone coming out this weekend!
              Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
              FLETC -
              March 1, 2011

Comment

RUMotarded,

Get this...North Platte apparently got dumped on by a blizzard and they shut down I-80 on Friday. A few people I talked to confirmed this and I called North Platte PD who said the side streets were shut down too. I turned around about 2 hours west of Lincoln and ended up getting a hotel and spending the night there. I wasn't happy about it but I'm sure I'll have other opportunities out there. I called OFC Hood (Cheyenne training coordinator) and told him I couldn't make it and he said he would contact me when they had another test. I talked to the training coordinator in Casper and they are supposed to have another hiring process this fall. It might work out better for me as I'll be gone for about 5 weeks this summer on military leave. Like everything it just takes effort and persistence.

Comment

Falcon, sorry you got caught out by the storm. There will be other opportunities. If you test for Cheyenne in the future, make sure you are squared away on the PT requirements, alot of applicants didn't pass. As a military guy, I'd assume you wouldn't have a problem. I was really surprised by the number of out-of-town applicants seeing as how small CPD is. Best of luck to you bro
                  Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                  FLETC -
                  March 1, 2011

Comment

Any other people in here make the top 6? Im heading out there on the 18th for my Chiefs Interview!

Comment

Hello, I found this post looking for info regarding LE in WY and Cheyenne in particular. I'm coming up for the 18th as well. Tim had mentioned some one from MN coming out at the same time. I think we may be the only out-of-towners. Look forward to meeting you.

Comment

dreampiper - Your PM's are disabled, tried to send you a message. PM me
                        Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                        FLETC -
                        March 1, 2011

Comment

I might come out for the August 26th testing if I can get my run time up to par. I wonder how many qualified people will actually pass the first couple days of testing and how many people they are cleared to hire.

Comment

Alot of folks fell out during the run, gotta remember we are at 6000 feet in elevation. No idea on how many they are looking to hire on the next recruitment drive, but they are hiring 6 from the April test
                            Drug Test - 5 Jan 2010
                            FLETC -
                            March 1, 2011

Comment

I applied to the WLEA and passed everything but the run. The elevation affected me but it was running around their gym that threw me off the most. It's tough to get into any sort of rhythm when you have to slow down every few seconds. I might wait and apply again for their next pre-service class. I'm waiting to hear back from Mr.Hood at Cheyenne as to whether or not I would be eligible for preference points. That will probably be my deciding factor.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5625 users online. 358 members and 5267 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X