300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RE: Gillete Wyoming

Anybody know anything about the police department in Gillete? Department size, crime levels, do they stay busy? I'm currently residing in GA and I have been wanting to move out west. I saw starting pay is 41k a year, is that good pay out there? The only department out here that starts that high is Atlanta, and its pretty pricey to live in the surrounding area. I would appreciate any information on this department, or any other good departments that anyone has to mention for that matter. Thanks!

I very nearly accepted a position with Gillette before taking a job in Lander (less money but a better area and GREAT people to work with). Gillette is now full and is filling up their eligibility list. I am in the academy now with their last 4 hires, there are some things they dont like, but the money makes up for a lot.

Casper is always hiring, and their money is just as good as Gillette. Cheaper place to live and better scenery. Riverton is also hiring, I think they are down 6 men right now. That is an interesting place to work to say the least. I think they start at about $18.50 per hour, with all the overtime you want. It sits pretty much out on the Wind River Indian Rez and they deal with a ton of alcohol problems. You could work there and live out towards Hudson or Lander and live in a nicer area.

Comment

Yep Riverton is a nice place one of their Officers got attacked at his home with a hatchet

http://www.nbcforwyoming.com/story.php?id=5855
      The more you sweat in training The less you bleed in battle (Bruce Lee)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5440 users online. 302 members and 5138 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X