300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin DNR

Last edited by habeas corpus; 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM.

Originally posted by habeas corpus View Post
    Anyone else apply for the Conservation Warden Position? Also looking for information from anyone in the field: How's working for them? Types of shifts, duties, equip, usual posting location, etc..Spoke to HR and viewed website, but looking for the inside view............I see it will be a year until you know your perm posting location, where are the usual openings for new Warden's. Thank you.
    They have some of the better shifts in law enforcement... working almost as they please. I'm sure that comes after some time though. Duties are enforcing fish, game, and recreation (atv, snowmobile, boating, etc) laws. I believe they also work with resource pollution, but don't quote me on that. Equipment: they get a lot of fun toys. Boats, snowmobiles, trucks, etc. I've never applied as a Warden though because the competition is WAAAAY too strong for me. From what I understand, the way the wardens are assigned to their locations is very similar to WI State Patrol. Top of the class gets first pick and so on down the line. Again, don't quote me. There aren't any "usual" locations, rather they are where the retirements are occurring.

[start rant]
    As far as working for the DNR, I'm not a warden but I still work for them in the state park system as an NR officer. The pay could be a little better ($9.00/hour starting for my position). They could also give me a shirt that fits!... Oh... and a left-handed Glock holster. Glock's don't fit very well into a Smith and Wesson holster.
    [/end rant]

Hope this helps
    sigpic

Comment

Last edited by habeas corpus; 01-03-2009, 02:05 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2978 users online. 152 members and 2826 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
      Working...
      X