Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How did your Milwaukee PD PAT test go?

Just wondering how the test went for everyone. I don't go until Thursday, but I thought a few were taking it Monday and Tuesday of this week.

If you already took it, let us know how it went. If you are still waiting to take it, good luck.
    Milwaukee PD

Piece of cake. This test is much easier than most of the other ones i have taken.

Comment

Were the instructors really "military" about it? Or did they just guide you through it.

Was there anyone else taking the test while you were there? Were they able to all do it within the time limit also?

Glad to hear you did well, good luck on the rest of the process.
      Milwaukee PD

Comment

I was wondering that too, are there a bunch of people watching you while you take it or are they outside the gym until it is their turn?

Mine is scheduled for Tomorrow at 2pm.
        Mister rabbit says, "A moment of realization is worth a thousand prayers."

Comment

Did my test today... it is really not that bad. I did a little better than I thought I would time wise.

There is only one other person (candidate) in the gym with you when you start your test. He/She is finishing theirs when you start. It goes pretty smooth.

Hope this info helps. Good luck to all.
          Milwaukee PD

Comment

I passed too. I messed up a couple times though.

During the dive under the beam I clipped it with my gun handle and had to do it over, and during the 6 shots with my right hand the hammer didn't fall on one of them and I didn't realize it and started to switch hands.

I was pretty tired after the 5 laps though, I haven't ran nearly enough. (i just started 1 1/2 weeks ago) Before that I just did weight training.

At least now I have a good month and half to get ready for the other physical test. (which I am assuming is a 1-mile run?)

Comment

They added another physical? Last I heard the obstacle course was the only physical. The other part is a medical examination. Can anyone confirm?
              "Damn, Officer, you're strict as hell. Were you in da' Marines or something?"
              "No, parochial school"

Comment

Here you go, word for word from the paper they handed me after I passed:

"Police Officer Candidate: Congratulations! You have passed the first portion of the physical performance test.

The second portion of the physical performance test consists of a run and will occur in late June or early July after administration of the oral board examination and the written example exercise.

More information will be mailed to you. "

Oh yeah, and for laughs - when I was running my laps the other candidate got in my way and I almost tripped over a cone. The instructor says to the guy "oh watch out, there is someone running!" lol
                Last edited by knox; 05-18-2007, 05:35 AM.

Comment

I took the physical test this AM as well. It was very easy, it took me about 2 min. out of the 3:23 or whatever it is that they give you. I had a fellow officer taking me around and he wasn't "military" at all! I agree with Jgeiken, all the other tests that I have done recently have been much worse.

Also there is another physical test just so you all know! It is 1.5 mile run in 12min. or less. This is what the officer at the front desk and other canidates told me! Looking forward to that as well, yea right lol. Good luck to everyone, don't sweat it.

Comment

Originally posted by knox View Post
                    Here you go, word for word from the paper they handed me after I passed:

"Police Officer Candidate: Congratulations! You have passed the first portion of the physical performance test.

The second portion of the physical performance test consists of a run and will occur in late June or early July after administration of the oral board examination and the written example exercise.

More information will be mailed to you. "

Oh yeah, and for laughs - when I was running my laps the other candidate got in my way and I almost tripped over a cone. The instructor says to the guy "oh watch out, there is someone running!" lol
                    Why are they adding more things for you guys/gals to do? The hiring process is already long. This is just going to forlong you guys/gals to get accepted into the academy. The city always talking about they need more officers, so why are they adding more stuff to make it longer. When I went through the process they did not have these "special sections" of testing. Another physical and an written example, I don't see the point in that. It is, what it is I guess
                    Last edited by Jdub; 05-18-2007, 02:23 PM. Reason: Had to add something

Comment

Originally posted by Huskers1 View Post
                      I took the physical test this AM as well. It was very easy, it took me about 2 min. out of the 3:23 or whatever it is that they give you. I had a fellow officer taking me around and he wasn't "military" at all! I agree with Jgeiken, all the other tests that I have done recently have been much worse.

Also there is another physical test just so you all know! It is 1.5 mile run in 12min. or less. This is what the officer at the front desk and other canidates told me! Looking forward to that as well, yea right lol. Good luck to everyone, don't sweat it.
                      Ugh, a mile and a half.

Nice work on the 2 minutes! It took me like 2:40, but I probably would have been clocked at 2:20 or so if I didn't have to do the one obstacle over. I am pretty happy with that. since I don't really have a runners body (5'10 - 230 lbs) I heard some guy did the obstacle course in 1:09.
                      Last edited by knox; 05-18-2007, 02:55 PM.

Comment

1:09 I call bullS**T...

That would be amazing. The course itself is 400m. I was a decent runner in High School and only broke the 1 min / 400m like once or twice.

Add in the fact that there are other things you have to do and I would say it would be just about impossible... at least IMPROBABLE (probally olympic pace)

Either way, I would hate to have to try and get away from anyone who was even close to that time.

I did it in 2:34. I could have gone faster, but I paced myself a little slow.

I was a little suprised about the extra run we have to do in the next couple of weeks too. Nothing mentioned in the hiring packet.. and I don't think that I have talked to any current academy guys that had to do it.

Either way... it helps them to thin us out. Remember, over 1000-1100 people took the test originally. And I have been told there are only like 150 spots to fill.

Glad to hear people from the forums are still hanging in there.

Good luck to all on the next phases. (MORE RUNNING, BLAH.)
                        Milwaukee PD

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4404 users online. 276 members and 4128 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X