Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Appleton Police Department

Hi
    Just wanted to know if anyone is familiar with or has any experience with this department? Anyone go through the hiring process lately? Any info is helpful. Thanks.

Hey I just finished the process last month and got my final offer....what do you want to know about it? It has a lot of steps which you can see at their website and they do continuos recruitment so it took about 8 months from application to hire. The pay and benifits are great and there seems to be very good attitudes amoung the officers. However they are very selective or so it appears I know they need like 12 or more officers. Feel free to ask me any more specifics

Comment

I spent 3 years there as a Community Service Officer. It's a great place, wonderful people to work with.

The hiring process is all up on the website, I believe.

Hope to see you there and good luck!
      For every one hundred men you send us,
      Ten should not even be here.
      Eighty are nothing but targets.
      Nine of them are real fighters;
      We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
      Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
      And he will bring the others back.

Comment

I just took the written test and physical test today. Passed the physical test no problem...

APD seems like a great place to work! Prob. the dumbest written test I have taken thus far however! But oh well, it seems like they have a fast paced hiring process, that is always good. Think they are lookin to hire 3 or more.

Comment

Maybe I'll get the pleasure of working alongside a few of you if I get hired on with Grand Chute. I go in for the testing on the 21st at 8:30am sharp. Word of mouth says they're hiring a few n0obs too.
          sigpic

Comment

I've trained with numerous APD officers. Its a really great place to work, I've only seen one or two people with anything to even b!tch about and that is pretty rare for cops.

They're hiring a new chief right now also, so that could be interesting to see what happens to the PD. The only real problem I can find with that department is their restrictive uniform policy. Nearly everyone in WI allows some latitude in what you wear/when and also allows cargo pants, APD doesn't. However, having said that, that is hardly enough to disqualify them as a good place to work.
            Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I have my first oral interview with APD on Wed the 23rd @ 2:30pm...better do as the Captain says and study up on the department! haha.

Comment

Anybody going in on June 20th for the physical/written tests? Guams is. They physical looks rather... well... simple.
                sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Huskers1 View Post
                  I have my first oral interview with APD on Wed the 23rd @ 2:30pm...better do as the Captain says and study up on the department! haha.
                  I just got a call back from them and I have my first interview on the 28th and 8:45am. I get to drive 2+ hours from Tomahawk to Appleton for a 15 minute interview, and then drive back for a final exam .

By the way, what did the Captain say about studying up on the department? He never spoke with us. The only person who spoke to us was the lady administering the written/psych tests.

I went over some of the annual reports they have on their site and that gave me a bit of background on what they do and where they're going.
                  sigpic

Comment

It was actually a Lieutenant that talked to us (my old boss). He said you better know the department for your initial interview. As to what they ask about it, I cannot say as they skipped those questions for me - if they have them at all.
                    For every one hundred men you send us,
                    Ten should not even be here.
                    Eighty are nothing but targets.
                    Nine of them are real fighters;
                    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                    And he will bring the others back.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3525 users online. 204 members and 3321 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X