Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Waukesha County Technical College Police Academy

Hello all!

I am just curious if anyone has heard anything about the Waukesha County Technical College's 520 hour basic Police Academy? If so, what have you heard about it? Is it setup like a bootcamp, or is mostly classroom stuff with hands on in areas such as arresting, emergency vehicle operations, etc?

Its the same as all the others in the state. None of the WI academies (at least the ones run by the TC's) are true military style academies. Some are more militaristic than others, however. Its very much like a college class set up with hands on stuff done for "tactical skills" portion and also during scenarios.
    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Ok, thanks for the reply Jeeper. Do you know anyone that has gone through it? If so, what did they think of it? Were the instructors pretty cool?

Comment

A local department has sent a handful of officers through it and a few of my co-workers went through on their own before being hired. I've also attended a few classes there (not academy stuff, specialized training stuff). Its a really nice facility and from my experience, and what i've heard, their instructors are top notch. Way better than Madison Area Tech!
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

I went to college there. The instructors for the college are also involved with the academy. It is a top notch group.
          Absolute power, corrupts absolutely

Comment

Where exactly is the Service building there? I drove through quickly at night and saw a Service building for fire science, or something like that, but I didn't see anything say anything about "POLICE" I'm thinking it might be in that building, but I'm not sure. Could you confirm this?

Thanks much,
            Jeff

Comment

I graduated in 1993 so my info is a bit dated. When I was there Police Science and the academy was in the southern most building. I cant remember the name of the building. It did not have any signs saying police
              Absolute power, corrupts absolutely

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4234 users online. 206 members and 4028 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X