300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice for panel interview with Appleton

Hi, I'm from Michigan and I have been applying to police departments across Wisconsin. I have a panel interview with Appleton in the next month. This will be my first panel interview with any law enforcement agency. I just graduated with my Bachelors in Criminal Justice and I am looking for any advice going into this interview.

I spoke with friends of mine who are seasoned POs in Michigan and they suggested I start a thread to Wisconsin POs for your advice. If any officer from Appleton happens to read this, can you please give me some information regarding the police department such as five major problems that the agency will face in the next five years? Any hot topics I should know about? What is going on with the agency currently?

I'm trying to get as much information as possible about the agency before the interview. Any information or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Dolce322
    Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind--don't matter, and those who matter--don't mind. -Dr. Seuss

My advice is to get into town a day early. You want the panel to know that you want to be a police officer in Appleton, and not that you want just any old police job. Go to the City Hall and do research on the City. See the sites. The Fox Valley area is gorgeous. A word of warning. There are a lot of suburbs in that area, and you may not know what City you are in. For instance, don't say that you would love to work extra security at the Fox Cities Stadium when the stadium is actually in Little Chute. I think that the Fox Valley Mall is also in Little Chute, since it is only a mile away from the stadium.

Good luck to you.
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Badgerland makes some great points. Alot of the more progressive agencies around here place BIG emphasis on knowing their city when you all apply. Also, it will help you to know at least a bit about the city and whether or not you'd really want to live there.

Be honest, be sincere, and be assertive.
      Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Part of Appleton is in the jurisdiction I work for. Appleton has a ton of openings. This is because they have a lot of officers leaving due to problems with management. Last I heard they were down 13 officers. It is not a good time to get in the APD. Also they have gone through a couple of hiring processes without hiring anyone. I think they are more selective than Hitler.
        Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland
          There are a lot of suburbs in that area, and you may not know what City you are in. For instance, don't say that you would love to work extra security at the Fox Cities Stadium when the stadium is actually in Little Chute. I think that the Fox Valley Mall is also in Little Chute, since it is only a mile away from the stadium.

Good luck to you.
          Both are in Grand Chute.
          Drug Recognition Expert

Comment

Thank you for the correction Joe. I had no idea things were so bad at APD. When I applied there 7 years ago, the application packet made it sound like Appleton PD was the place to be. Do they still get take home squads? That is kind of unheard of for City police departments the size of Appleton.
            "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2983 users online. 187 members and 2796 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X