Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Eriman
    replied
    Anyone still in the running or hAve a status to update? I still haven't heard anything othrr than I'm still in consideration.

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Well today was my polygraph exam. Afterwards I met with the inspector and was given a conditional job offer. Did part one of a two part psych evaluation, have to come back next week. He told me he has four more polygraphs to conduct this week. Plus I heard even more are retiring this year then they expected.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    I know what you mean. It would hard to move back and be riding all on one process at the moment. I've put a lot into this process too and turned down going forward with other agencies...nothing major just tests in hopes for this. I feel the same as you that I went from failing the written test to if nothing else making it to the background which is a surprise in itself. I know my chief said he thinks I'm pretty much gone and is frankly surprised I haven't gotten picked up somewhere sooner. I work PT only too. As far as I understood polygraph is last steps before offers.

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Originally posted by Eriman View Post
    I've come to learn anything is possible too with hiring processes....one of my co workers was told he was number 1 on a north central Wisconsin agencies hiring list. Then he finds out they hired someone else who was related to a recent retiree. Still told he is number one all of a sudden gets an email from HR saying he's no longer being considered. He calls the LT and the chief of the agency picked an application at random pretty much from the stack and that's who got hired. Kind of got screwed over but you never know with processes. I'm still taking no need as good news until I get a definite no.

Oh yes absolutely anything can happen with this sort of stuff. In fact I just sent out four applications today (like I said I move home October 6th job or no job), and did a physical last week even though my chief told me things sounded positive for me. I'm hopeful and just plain grateful I've made it this far , but yet so many things can still go wrong. I've never taken a polygraph before. And I'm not sure a polygraph is even the last step.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    I've come to learn anything is possible too with hiring processes....one of my co workers was told he was number 1 on a north central Wisconsin agencies hiring list. Then he finds out they hired someone else who was related to a recent retiree. Still told he is number one all of a sudden gets an email from HR saying he's no longer being considered. He calls the LT and the chief of the agency picked an application at random pretty much from the stack and that's who got hired. Kind of got screwed over but you never know with processes. I'm still taking no need as good news until I get a definite no.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    Originally posted by Krystal View Post
    I would message this but you don't have your messaging turned on. Not trying to be cocky because believe me this process is very make it or break it for me. (I'm moving back home with or without a job) but the detective spoke with my chief and told him I was high on their list. So I would think there are plenty more opportunites. Also from a friend of mine that works there three detectives are being promoted next week one is retiring. So I have a feeling the process is going to slow down with everything changing hands.
    Oops guess I had forgotten to turn it in. And don't worry I don't take it as cocky. I can understand the make or break. I have noticed multiple agencies within Waukesha county are now hiring too. I'm not from the area originally but looking to branch out. I'm from eau Claire and the opportunities for agencies with the amount specialization as WKSO is next to mine ECPD is about the only one. And I'm starting to think my stuff for lost in the shuffle. With the one detective taking medical leave and then now you saying a few detectives retiring. I can only hope to hear something. I called the captain yesterday and she stated the detective that did my background has the statuses so I'll probably wait a bit yet and see what comes around.

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Congrats! I still haven't heard anything good bad or otherwise so it's hard to say where I'm sitting.

I would message this but you don't have your messaging turned on. Not trying to be cocky because believe me this process is very make it or break it for me. (I'm moving back home with or without a job) but the detective spoke with my chief and told him I was high on their list. So I would think there are plenty more opportunites. Also from a friend of mine that works there three detectives are being promoted next week one is retiring. So I have a feeling the process is going to slow down with everything changing hands.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    I received a call this morning from a detective setting up a polygraph on Monday. Anyone else hear anything?
    Congrats! I still haven't heard anything good bad or otherwise so it's hard to say where I'm sitting.

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    I received a call this morning from a detective setting up a polygraph on Monday. Anyone else hear anything?

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Originally posted by Euro View Post
    Whelp, I just got off training. Long process, well worth it. Great place to work on your long lasting career. I wish you all the best of luck.
    Congrats! Great group of guys to work with from what I know. I can only hope to be a part of it soon.

Leave a comment:

• Euro
    replied
    Whelp, I just got off training. Long process, well worth it. Great place to work on your long lasting career. I wish you all the best of luck.

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Ok good luck! I still haven't heard since my background interview. I called my detective last week and she said everything was sent to the top and that's where the decisions get made so she didn't know. She basically affirmed what have all been hearing that no news is typically good news but I'm starting to think my time is running short for consideration but we'll see. If all else fails I'll apply again next year.

Good luck to you as well. Like I said from the sounds of it they're looking at 6 people for 3 spots. With any luck at least one of us will get in.
    Last edited by Krystal; 09-03-2015, 12:37 PM.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    I have not heard anything yet. My department and a neighboring department both received teletypes looking for information on me so I think shes still finishing up the paperwork end. She told me to expect a call from the other detective in a week or so. Plus I'm sure they don't work weekends. I'm hoping for maybe Monday.
    Ok good luck! I still haven't heard since my background interview. I called my detective last week and she said everything was sent to the top and that's where the decisions get made so she didn't know. She basically affirmed what have all been hearing that no news is typically good news but I'm starting to think my time is running short for consideration but we'll see. If all else fails I'll apply again next year.

Leave a comment:

• Krystal
    replied
    Have you heard anything since the background?

I have not heard anything yet. My department and a neighboring department both received teletypes looking for information on me so I think shes still finishing up the paperwork end. She told me to expect a call from the other detective in a week or so. Plus I'm sure they don't work weekends. I'm hoping for maybe Monday.

Leave a comment:

• Eriman
    replied
    PROderboom, did they give you a conditional offer before the polygraph? Or do the polygraph and then the offer upon passing?
    Have you heard anything since the background?

Leave a comment:

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5532 users online. 336 members and 5196 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
Working...
X