300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Krystal View Post
    Eriman or PROderboom, do you recall if they threw any legal questions at you? Such as What are the differnt ways to legally search someone? Or whats the difference between misdemeanor and felony, or what are the elements of burglary, robbery, or other crimes etc? If you dont feel comfortable answering that I understand. Im just trying to do the best that I can on this interview, as getting this job would mean I finally get to move home! Thanks guys!
    I don't think they do. I prepared for questions like that and the typical deadly force questions but did not need any of it. if I recall it was more ethical type scenario questions. Overall it was a lot of general questions. Don't get to psyched up for it you should just fine! I'm still waiting to hear back but I'm sure it's slowing down since I'm certified and ftos probably aren't open yet

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Eriman View Post
      I don't think they do. I prepared for questions like that and the typical deadly force questions but did not need any of it. if I recall it was more ethical type scenario questions. Overall it was a lot of general questions. Don't get to psyched up for it you should just fine! I'm still waiting to hear back but I'm sure it's slowing down since I'm certified and ftos probably aren't open yet

I agree. I too am certified, and have been an officer for about a year. But like others had said they're looking for the best candidates, not the "Easiest" candidates. So I think they really spend a lot of time looking into everything about someone. I didn't expect an interview after you guys said you already did yours. So i believe the "no news, is good news" is pretty fitting for Waukesha County.

Comment

Good luck again too! As you saw I've been certified for two years now too. I don't have anything on my background that would cause concern as least in my mind. But everyone keeps telling me the same and Im believing as it keeps going. I haven't gotten any rejections through email or snail mail so I'm still fingers crossed. I'm kind of surprised too you got called after you hadn't heard but it was the same for you no news = good news. We dont have to go into specific but my understanding was scores on written and probably physical results played into who got pulled in first for interviews

Comment

Hello, I have a few questions for Eriman and PROderboom. After your oral interview all long before they contact you for the background interview? Or did the detective contact you the same day to set the background interview up? That is what it sounds like Eriman is suggesting if you passed the oral interview.
          Knowledge is best used to apply action, not to disrupt or corrupt action.

Comment

Originally posted by Eriman View Post
            First off congrats and good luck. Advice. Don't be nervous! Its only a three person panel. The questions are pretty easy and nothing is really ment to screw with you. If you usually bring a portfolio to interviews don't bring with here because if you pass the detective wants to see it. As far as questions go...I only really distinctly remember a couple. I won't tell them to you to be fair....sorry. but I'll tell do some research on their website especially the part about specializations...there may or may not be a few questions about that. Good luck again! I haven't heard back since last week when I called. I plan on either calling or emailing the detective Monday and checking again.

Hello, I have a few questions for Eriman and PROderboom. After your oral interview all long before they contact you for the background interview? Or did the detective contact you the same day to set the background interview up? That is what it sounds like Eriman is suggesting if you passed the oral interview.

Comment

Originally posted by packer083 View Post
              If I remember right it was short...a couple days at most.

Comment

I believe I have started the beginning process for the background. The day following my interview I received an email on behalf of the Detective giving me five days to get all necessary information to him.

Comment

Hey Krystal, did the Captain state that you would be getting a email from a detective, or did she state that "I cannot give you a specific time frame" for when they would contact me again?

Comment

Hey Krystal, did the Captain state that you would be getting a email from a detective, or did she state that "I cannot give you a specific time frame" for when they would contact me again?
                    Upon leaving my interview Monday morning she stated to expect to hear something soon, as they are moving quickly in the process. The following day I received the email on behalf of the detective giving me five days to get the information in by. I sent in my packet yesterday overnighted, and my five days would be Sunday. I will post again when I hear something.

Comment

Today I received a call from the detective to set up a background interview. So I have that Wednesday. This will be my fourth trip down there.

Comment

That is great, congrats. Do you know if they selected everyone that they are going to select from the last round of interviews for background checks?

Comment

That is great, congrats. Do you know if they selected everyone that they are going to select from the last round of interviews for background checks?
                          As of now I know nothing. Maybe I will know more tomorrow. Did you go through a background? It really seems no news is good news from here.

Comment

At my interview today she said they have about 5 or 6 candidates they are looking at for 3 openings. That they will also have 2 maybe 3 retirements come decemeber, and they will be using this list for that as well.

Comment

Originally posted by PROderboom View Post
                              The panel interviews are important so obviously study up beforehand. I received an offer today and will start the academy in a month. Good luck and keep going.

Eriman, I wouldn't worry about calling them. They have been very thorough and will contact you when they are ready. Waiting is part of the game. Good luck!
                              PROderboom, did they give you a conditional offer before the polygraph? Or do the polygraph and then the offer upon passing?

Comment

My understanding when I was explained the process was polygraph and then offers

Sent from my VS986 using Tapatalk

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5577 users online. 346 members and 5231 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X