• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Anyone get a call yet?

Comment

Originally posted by bauerkur View Post
      Anyone get a call yet?

My brother got his e mail today congratulating him on his acceptance into the academy, so CHECK YOUR E MAILS YA'll!

Comment

I got accepted as well.... Here we go

Comment

im in too! see ya all on the 1st

Comment

Where are most available duty stations? I had heard most were down around Milwaukee or Madison, but that was a few years ago. I wouldn't think many rural, northern ones are to be had for rookies, but who knows? Any ideas?

Comment

To my knowledge I would say MOST of the openings are going to be for the madison/janesville/beloit area then I would guess outside of Milwaukee...as of now there are no Troopers assigned to Milwaukee County but I have heard that they may move some in there in the future.... It is safe to assume that the Northern rural counties will not have openings. I would imagine that this entire recruit class will be assigned interstate sectors.

Comment

Anyone know if the positions of trooper or inspector have been chosen for us already? It might have been an error in the email, but mine said "This email is to confirm your appointment to the position of State Patrol INSPECTOR effective Sunday, October 9, 2011"

Comment

Originally posted by TheRoboCop View Post
                  Anyone know if the positions of trooper or inspector have been chosen for us already? It might have been an error in the email, but mine said "This email is to confirm your appointment to the position of State Patrol INSPECTOR effective Sunday, October 9, 2011"
                  Nearly all candidates are considered Inspectors unless a trooper slot opens up. Been that way since I applied to the WSP in 1992. Now days, all cadets are trained to be Inspectors due to the greater flexibility the state has in posting them. The number of trooper slots is controlled by statute but inspectors aren't.
                  Originally posted by kontemplerande
                  Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

It will be interesting to see who made it through the process this Saturday. I have been hearing horror stories about how many guys washed out of the last cleass in 2008. The guys i talked to said they did crazy **** to those guys that they have never done to any other recruit class ever... Anyone know if we can talk to our family at all during the week? Or do they lock up our cell phones on Sunday night?

Comment

Originally posted by eightpilot View Post
                      It will be interesting to see who made it through the process this Saturday. I have been hearing horror stories about how many guys washed out of the last cleass in 2008. The guys i talked to said they did crazy **** to those guys that they have never done to any other recruit class ever... Anyone know if we can talk to our family at all during the week? Or do they lock up our cell phones on Sunday night?
                      I am pretty sure I remember LT. Neuman state at the testing that you can have cell phones and talk to your family at night, but they just don't want you sitting in the corner during the day texting people. I remember him also saying that the difficulty of the academy is between your basic recruit academy at a local tech school and that of military basic training. Main thing to remember is that it is only 22 weeks and I am sure that time goes by fast.

Comment

I heard that they can only work you 40 hours a week as per the contract, or pay you overtime. IDK how that will work, but if they get you up at 5am i highly doubt you done by 1300...either way it will be intense I'm sure...
                        Last edited by eightpilot; 10-02-2011, 09:20 PM.

Comment

Good luck to all the new Trooper/Inspector recruits. A buddy and, now former, co-worker of mine will be joining you on the 9th. He let our Chief know the other day. He was nervous as hell that he wouldn't make it... he had to get his ear flushed to pass the hearing exam and was scared he'd fail out because of that.
                          sigpic

Comment

Any idea when they will open up applications again?

Comment

Is anybody on this thread currently employed by WSP? I have a conditional offer right now and I want to know more about the pros and cons of WSP and academy life.

Comment

Is anyone here currently in the process for the 60th recruit class?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3349 users online. 142 members and 3207 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X