Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://www.dot.wisconsin.gov/about/h.../timetable.htm

Comment

Well, got the e-mail today stating that I am moving on to the 2nd interviews. They said it would last no longer than 1 hr and 15 minutes lol that could be interesting. Who else is moving on in the process?

Comment

I just got the e-mail yesterday about the second interview as well. Anyone know what we can expect as far as type of interview questions and what they look for in a candidate. Also, is the State Patrol only traffic, or do they have different divisions, like most State Police, such as investigations, computer crimes, VICE, or Drug units?

Any info would be great

Comment

Originally posted by drewo19 View Post
          I just got the e-mail yesterday about the second interview as well. Anyone know what we can expect as far as type of interview questions and what they look for in a candidate. Also, is the State Patrol only traffic, or do they have different divisions, like most State Police, such as investigations, computer crimes, VICE, or Drug units?

Any info would be great
          WI State Patrol is traffic only basically. They don't have investigative authority on non traffic issues. All the drug, computer crimes and other investigations handled by the state are Dept of Justice/DCI agents.

Comment

Got the e-mail today stating that I made it to the background investigation part of the process. Anybody else hear anything?

Comment

Originally posted by GBPD View Post
              Got the e-mail today stating that I made it to the background investigation part of the process. Anybody else hear anything?
              I also got an email saying I have moved to that portion of the process.

Comment

Yea me too...anyone have any idea how many are moving in relation to how many they started with??

Comment

Originally posted by DO19 View Post
                  Yea me too...anyone have any idea how many are moving in relation to how many they started with??
                  I would say they are doing backgrounds on at least 80-100 people, but that is just a guess. Has anyone heard from the trooper or inspector who will be doing your background yet?

Comment

Originally posted by GBPD View Post
                    I would say they are doing backgrounds on at least 80-100 people, but that is just a guess. Has anyone heard from the trooper or inspector who will be doing your background yet?
                    I just got an email from a Trooper in Rock County yesterday saying that he is doing the background on me.

Comment

I haven't heard anything yet...Think they are going in alphabetical order?? do they ask you to come on for an interview or can it be done over the phone?? I didnt see any thing for a poly, is there one??

Comment

I was contacted by a Trooper that just finished my background check. He is coming to my house next week to do a short informal interview with me. Must be a good sign that the background check went ok...

Comment

I heard from my Trooper as well and know that he is actively doing my background. I know he met with or talked to a lot of my references and past employers this week. Next week he is meeting with my parents and going to my brother and sister's houses as well and then he is meeting with me next Thursday. I believe at that time that will conclude my background. I do have a buddy though who has not hear anything yet though too.

Comment

The trooper meeting with you is the last step of the background packet. Even if the background turned out horrible for you, they'd still meet with you. Often its an opportunity for you to explain some things that they found in their investigation. Don't read too much into it.
                            Originally posted by kontemplerande
                            Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

I just talked to my current employer and found out that a trooper had tried to get a hold of him on Fri. still have'nt heard from the trooper myself yet though. don't know how to take that, but like it was said, im trying not to look too much into anything, if it happens it will happen.

Comment

From what i took away from the visit by the trooper they are down to about 78 guys for the background check. I only had 1 ticket on my abstract and he asked me if i had any other tickets. I said yes but they were all over 8-15 years ago. Their is no way i could remember any dates or location info on them i told him. Hope that doesn't flag me as not being a suitable candidate. If it does then oh well, I can't remember the details of every minor traffic offense i've ever had in 21 years of driving. I will be anxiously waiting to hear something on Sept 2nd...

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3257 users online. 206 members and 3051 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X