300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wisconsin State Patrol

I "applied" for the written exam which is scheduled next month. Has anyone here been through the State Patrol hiring process? If so, could you give some insight as to what it was like? It looks like they are scheduled to have an academy in October of this year which is very soon. This will be my first police test ever so I am very curious to what I'll be encountering.

I have applied for it as well, sounds like they will be hiring 40 for their October Academy. Can probably expect over 1,000 applicants.

Comment

Mind you, its been almost 20 years since I went through their process, but here goes.

First the written test. If you score high enough, you'll be sent an in-depth packet to fill out. They'll do a background investigation during which you'll meet with a WSP recruiter and the trooper who does your BI. They will then invite you to the PAT and interview panel. When I did it, they split the group into 6 groups of 15 each and did the PAT's and interviews over three days (you only had to be there for one of the days). Later on, you'll get a letter stating your either made it or that you're invited to the academy. In my case they invited 100 people to the PAT and interview, 90 showed up and they hired 20.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

This year, you will show up to the written test next month. You will find out if you passed the written test that day and if you do, you will be invited to an on-site interview.

Comment

I completed the preliminary application as well. Should we expect letters in the mail stating which test date we received?

Comment

from what I read, we will be receiving a detailed e-mail stating all the information for test day. I assume it will be after July 1st since that is when the deadline is but maybe not. Also sounds like there will be an attached more detailed application form to fill out.

Comment

Thanks for the input SRT936. Does anyone know if the on site interview is the actual "Oral interview" of the hiring process or just like a get to know the applicant type thing? All I know is that I'm starting to prepare and get my @$$ into shape beginning today.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
                Does anyone know if the on site interview is the actual "Oral interview" of the hiring process or just like a get to know the applicant type thing?
                I know with 100% certainty that I'll be doing the full suit and tie for this written/pre-interview, even though it'll be close to 4 hours.

Comment

I would say that this would be more of a get to know the applicant interview, maybe see how you can communicate with people etc. and I would think there would be another interview to follow. But then again i am just guessing so who knows.

Comment

Originally posted by Chiguy27 View Post
                    Thanks for the input SRT936.
                    Sorry I couldn't be of more help. Like I said, my information is nearly 20 years old. It sounds like they've streamlined the process significantly since I was a candidate.

(On a side note, not getting accepted by the State Patrol was probably one of the best things that ever happened to me.)
                    Originally posted by kontemplerande
                    Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

If I recall correctly, there will be email correspondence, so I'll second GBPD's bit. But I haven't heard too much, it's come up in conversation and I'm not personally invested in this, so forgive me for not being able to supply any relevant information.

Also, good luck. :3
                      Tueri et servire.
                      Ad serviendum ac protegendum.

Comment

Better to have some insight than none SRT! But yeah as far as what the actual process is for testing seems like a mystery other than the agility test and the preliminary test. I guess we will find out soon enough though; this will be my first Police job test so I want to be as prepared as possible!

Comment

I also applied, I did an internship with them back in the fall, I hope that helps me out slightly. I also have no idea what to expect besides the civil service exam and the agility test.

Comment

Let's keep this thread alive! I know there are more people who are taking this test; they have 4 different days to take it for cryin out loud. So NOBODY has been through at least part of the process before?

Comment

WSP has not hired in years. I think that is why you are finding it hard to find people who have even been through part of the process. Odds are most individuals who made it far in their last hiring (past written/physical, 1st interview) but were not selected have by now probably achieved employment with other agencies.
                              Cash for clunkers was great for Wisconsin. We traded in Brett Favre for Aaron Rogers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3581 users online. 224 members and 3357 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X