Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Milwaukee County Sheriff Office

Hi,

Anyone here in their hiring process for the position of correctional officer or been through it?

Some questions

Any tips on their interview and what do they ask you?
    How long is their academy?
    Where do they start you out from?
    What is it like being a CO for Milwaukee county?
    Any chance of becoming a deputy?

thanks
    “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.”

Please go to the job posting or call our Human Resources

You can contact the Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office HR Dept at 414-278-4787

The Correctional Officer position is currently posted at www.jobs.milwaukeecounty.org
    There is a full job announcement, I would suggest you print it out. The job will only be open until April 30th

Originally posted by sarosh View Post
    Hi,

Anyone here in their hiring process for the position of correctional officer or been through it?

Some questions

Any tips on their interview and what do they ask you?
    How long is their academy?
    Where do they start you out from?
    What is it like being a CO for Milwaukee county?
    Any chance of becoming a deputy?

thanks

Comment

yes, i have already applied and took the test. i go in for a interview with a background investigator next week.
      “Yesterday I dared to struggle. Today I dare to win.”

Comment

Was informed by the County that I passed the application process and that I would be in their next academy class. The Oct 2011 class was canceled due to budget issues, but whenever the next class rolls around. I am in.

Comment

Congratulations Mikulecky1986, I’m in the same boat, got the call a couple days ago with the same news. Hopefully the class comes around soon. I know for a fact that they are about 77 short at central and south, so they can’t hold out to long. Good luck.

Comment

My only concern is that with the proposed cuts to the Sheriff Dept budget, when do you think we can actually expect a callback?

Comment

Originally posted by Mikulecky1986 View Post
              My only concern is that with the proposed cuts to the Sheriff Dept budget, when do you think we can actually expect a callback?

I think around March or April at the earliest

Comment

No New Corrections Officers positions were approved for the 2012 budget so far. You most likely won't be getting a call back anytime soon. If they lay off 130 Deputies like they are talking they are all Jail Certified. If they had openings I think they would offer them the jobs before having a class. Its the simple economics of saving some cash. Keep looking guys. I don't see you getting a call for at least a year. Until the County Executive gets replaced Public Safety will suffer.

Comment

Thanks for the info Bill321 keep us updated if you here something new from the inside, on the bright side they decided to return 25 positions for you guys, so there talking about only 100 being cut. Good luck to you guys.

Comment

Against all odds I now have an Academy Date. Very excited to be joining the law enforcement community.

Comment

How long is the Milwaukee County application process? Specifically, after your background interview, what happens next? Timeline?

Comment

Almost a 4 year old thread.....might be waiting a while

Comment

Yea, there's not much of a forum for Milwaukee on here!

Comment

Just had my background interview. Went well but I have no idea how long this all takes. They're pretty thorough.

Comment

Got an offer a week ago.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6417 users online. 358 members and 6059 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X