• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pleasant Prairie

Anyone apply recently?

I applied in Jan, no word.

Comment

I applied back in January as well. I did get a "you suck" letter a couple of weeks ago. The letter stated that they found other better qualified candidates. I am not currently certifiable, I am going through the academy. I'm pretty sure they are looking for already certified/employed officers... or those that are done with the academy.

Comment

I received a post card thanking me for my application. They asked that I don't contact them regarding the process but will be informed when testing begins. Are you going to gateway hockeyguy?

Comment

Just got a my invite to the testing process. 08APR at UWM. Hope to see everyone there. Good luck.

Comment

I received the letter for the written as well. Did you get anything regarding the physical? See you there!

Comment

No I just received the invite to the test. Are you certified/certifiable?

Comment

I am not, you?

Comment

I am, just finished 10DEC at WCTC. But don't let that discourage you. They'll hire the right person and send them through the academy. Plus, you'll get paid to do it!

Comment

Definitely- thank you for the encouragement. I wonder if they are looking to fill a position or only establishing a list? I suppose only time will tell.

Comment

Took the test, same EXACT test that Waukesha County uses by the way. I'll keep everyone posted, please do the same.

Comment

The test wasn't hard at all. Although, I didn't care much for the "match the sentence with the paragraph" section. Hopefully the physical will be in a few weeks.

Comment

I received a letter explaining that I passed the test, but there are currently no openings. Waste of time.

Comment

That's odd. I've spoken with a couple officers from PPPD and I was under the impression there was at least one opening. Perhaps the budget has gotten the best of them. If their budget is like the surrounding PD's, the new one will be out some time in June and they may be able to add another position or two.

Yes, I am attending GTC right now and I am only a week from graduating
                            I hope Kenosha can get their budget worked out in June and have some openings.

Comment

There are almost always openings, but are you on Kenosha's eligibility list? If not, you'll still have to apply, test & interview. It's at least a 4-6 month ordeal, which isn't horrible, by LE standards.

Originally posted by HockeyGuy0212 View Post
                              That's odd. I've spoken with a couple officers from PPPD and I was under the impression there was at least one opening. Perhaps the budget has gotten the best of them. If their budget is like the surrounding PD's, the new one will be out some time in June and they may be able to add another position or two.

Yes, I am attending GTC right now and I am only a week from graduating
                              I hope Kenosha can get their budget worked out in June and have some openings.
                              LOST:
                              Individual Responsibility
                              If found, please return to society.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 7015 users online. 363 members and 6652 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X