300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Backround investigations

Just for the heck of it I want to know what you people think. I just had a call doing a backround check on a poetential new hire. They asked the same standard checks that we have all either done or heard. My question is, is there anyone stupid enough to list a reference that is going to say bad stuff about them. I find this process to be a cover your tail, old formality. Just curious if you have ever called a reference and had some say I would never hire that POS guy? Seems to me this is a silly practice that we all do.

I was under the impression that background investigators would ask the good references that you give for additional names of anyone else that may know you, and so on. So by the end, they would be calling people you never imagined and some that would potentially give you a bad reference.

Comment

I won't get into details, but yes, references will often tell you things that the candidate would never expect to be said. Especially when said references are currently working police officers who have a pretty good insight into whether the individual would make a good LEO. Some people are great guys or gals but should probably be looking for employment in other fields.
      \

Comment

That's interesting. I would think anyone with half a brain would list references they know well enough, and ones they have demosntrated a good work ethic to. But I guess I have met the loud mouth ones in my career who thinks everone loves them. Just wondering how many idiots are out there that would list someone who is going to say bad things about them.

Comment

A person I knew one time listed me as a reference for a detention officer's job. When the BI called, I did not have any positive feedback about this guy based on my observations of this individual and because I felt he would probably not take his job seriously and perform his duties in a responsible way. He ended up not getting hired (not sure how much of a role my feedback played, though)..

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4773 users online. 284 members and 4489 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X