Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Part Time Positions

Hello All,

I have recieved very good advice and opinions from this board, so I thought I would throw out another question for you all.

What is the process for getting hired as a part time officer? I have already been through an academy, so the certifiable status is good to go. I am on wilenet often, however I usually only see positions posted which are full time. Is it best to simply contact the small departments directly and find out of they are looking to add part time officers, or are the positions posted just as the full time slots are? I am in the Southern part of the state and there are a lot of small departments around, just never see any postings for part timers.

Any thoughts, opinions, or advice would be greatly appreciated, and I thank you all in advance.

Most of the part-time positions are posted on WILENET as well. You just have to keep checking.

Comment

Our department doesn't use WILENET for part time deputies. They either hire off of the full-time eligibility list or they just take resumes from people that apply. I sent them a resume just for the heck of it, had a job offer two days later and full-time 6 months later. Just start sending out resumes and applications. A part-time job will give you valuable experience and keep your certification up.
      "My faith, my country and my family will guide me; nothing more, nothing less" -Gen. Tommy Franks

Comment

My first part time job I applied for full time off wilenet and was offered 32 hours week instead.

My second part time job I heard there were looking for someone and I applied, a week later I had the job. Never posted on wilenet.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5240 users online. 293 members and 4947 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X