No announcement yet.

PT/ Reserve / CSO - Armed position


300x250 Mobile

  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • PT/ Reserve / CSO - Armed position

    I am a MN resident right on the border of WI. I have not gone to skills or an academy for LE. I want to work PT or as a Reserve to gain LE experience to apply for a federal job with the ATF/FBI. Are there depts that will hire or let me volunteer as an armed PT/Reserve (gaining experience in an FTO type environment)? I would like it to be within an hour of the MN border.

    It is far better to remain silent and appear foolish, than to speak and remove all doubt.

    - Abraham Lincoln

  • #2
    Check out Wilenet.org...You can research your question there and check out current job openings.


    • #3
      Unless you have completed the academy or are certifiable in Wisconsin, it would be unlawful for you to be hired as a part-time or CSO that would be armed (firearm) in Wisconsin.

      Unarmed, yes, but to carry a firearm you need to be certified by the state.

      The ATF and FBI normally look for Bachelor's Degrees in the fields of law and accounting, with little to no experience required. I recommend that route before the academy, since the ATF and FBI will have their own academies.
      "I would suggest that when a person has a thought of doing anything serious against the law, that before they did, that they should go to a quiet place and think about it seriously."

      William George Bonin - Executed in Calfornia Feb 23rd 1996


      MR300x250 Tablet


      What's Going On


      There are currently 3497 users online. 221 members and 3276 guests.

      Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

      Welcome Ad