300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Word on Milwaukee PD?

Heard they might be taking applications? I believe this might be false but maybe someone on here heard differently or knows something I don't

WHEN I START MY TOUR OF DUTY, GOD, WHEREVER CRIME MAY BE, AS I WALK THE DARKENED STREETS ALONE, LET ME BE CLOSE TO THEE. PLEASE GIVE ME UNDERSTANDING, WITH BOTH YOUNG AND OLD, LET ME LISTEN WITH ATTENTION, UNTIL THEIR STORY’S TOLD. LET ME NEVER MAKE A JUDGEMENT, IN A RASH OR CALLOUS WAY, BUT LET ME HOLD MY PATIENCE, LET EACH MAN HAVE HIS SAY. LORD, IF SOME DARK AND DREARY NIGHT, I MUST GIVE MY LIFE, LORD WITH YOUR EVERLASTING LOVE, PROTECT THE LOVED ONES IN MY LIFE.

Last I heard, everyone that is on the list now is the final batch.

Rumor has it, starting in January they won't be putting people through the academy anymore. Everyone will need 60 credits and certification like most other departments.

*shrug*

I turned in my application last February and have not heard a thing.

Comment

I turned one in this spring & have heard nothing. Another thread from earlier said that there is a freeze on, that it would be lifted soon. Not sure what soon was. That thread has been silent for many many many weeks.

Originally posted by JasonT80 View Post
      Last I heard, everyone that is on the list now is the final batch.

Rumor has it, starting in January they won't be putting people through the academy anymore. Everyone will need 60 credits and certification like most other departments.

*shrug*

I turned in my application last February and have not heard a thing.

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 02:39 AM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

[quote=jeeper;2014228][quote=JasonT80;2013777]Last I heard, everyone that is on the list now is the final batch.

I don't know if I could believe that. Maybe the 60 credits part, but definitely not the certifications part. That would involve MPD getting rid of their entire academy. I don't know if I can think of a single large city in the US that doesn't require one to attend their academy or at least a shortened portion of it if lateral.

I've also not heard of MPD doing away with their academy. Maybe I need to make some calls/e-mails today.

I've not heard of MPD eliminating their academy either. I can't see it being done as they train to specific MPD policies and procedures as well as being consistent in the day to day operations. Let us know what you find out there Jeeper.

Comment

MPD received a grant a few months ago for 50 more positions.

That's the last news I heard.

Comment

I haven't heard anything from MPD either. I applied back in the summer time and haven't heard since then. I see they posted on the Wisconsin Job Center that they're "hiring" again with 200 openings.

Comment

I contacted the HR department this week and received the following reply.

All applications received are just being placed on file. We do not
                anticipate doing any testing until sometime in 2010, so no one will hear
                anything regarding their application until the test is scheduled.
                Please make sure you keep your address current with our office.

Sincerely,
                Fire and Police Testing

And so we wait......

Comment

Originally posted by 1765 View Post
                  I contacted the HR department this week and received the following reply.

All applications received are just being placed on file. We do not
                  anticipate doing any testing until sometime in 2010, so no one will hear
                  anything regarding their application until the test is scheduled.
                  Please make sure you keep your address current with our office.

Sincerely,
                  Fire and Police Testing

And so we wait......
                  Bump

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 02:39 AM.
                    Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Does anybody know how big their academy classes usually are?

Comment

Originally posted by RyanA View Post
                        Does anybody know how big their academy classes usually are?
                        They run multiple classes at once

Comment

Following is an excerpt from the response I received about possible applicant testing in 2010 for entry level officer employment.

.... "If there is a class this year, it will most likely be filled by individuals who have already gone through the testing process.
                          No official dates have been scheduled for either a test or a class" .....

Comment

Originally posted by 1765 View Post
                            Following is an excerpt from the response I received about possible applicant testing in 2010 for entry level officer employment.

.... "If there is a class this year, it will most likely be filled by individuals who have already gone through the testing process.
                            No official dates have been scheduled for either a test or a class" .....
                            That's just loverly. If they're not planning on having a class this year then why still say they're hiring. They've been accepting applicants for what seems like a long time now. I hope I get hired before then!

Comment

The only rumor I have heard is that the class will be held in June of '10. I was an alternate for the March '09 class and am hired for this next class, but have heard nothing about a date from the F&P Commission. The only thing I have really heard is that the next class will contain a large number of police aides.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5634 users online. 353 members and 5281 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X