Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How to obtain my police prior contacts list?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to obtain my police prior contacts list?

I'm just wondering if there is some way that I can find out all of my prior police contacts. (Record of sorts)

I was unable to obtain a LEO position because I could remember every single contact that I had with police. I only remember as much as I did without knowing that I had more! But I had on my application "Best to my knowledge" printed on it.

These contacts I had are not bad, but I guess every single time you give an officer your Name, DOB and Address for like a witness or something that it is on some sort of record that they have on your personal file or something.

How do I know this? Well my past BI told me this and when he told me some of this stuff I was like WTF?

Is there anyway to get a wrap on myself?
    My friend is a LEO and he's gonna try and help me out as much as possible.

Just because you give an officer your name, it does not mean your name was stored in any database. If the officer did not complete a report or a field contact card, it is doubtful the department has your information in-house. It may be on a daily log, but that can be very time consuming to search for if the exact date is not known.

I think the biggest concern is that you cannot remember every time you had to give an officer your name and information. If you need more than one hand to count your police contacts, that raises a red flag.

Back to the point, I don't think there is such a thing you are looking for. The closest thing I can think of is Wijis, but there are only a few dozen agencies who use it. Besides, if your officer friend would use Wijis in this instance, it would be a blatant misuse of the program and would open your friend up to discipline from his department.

You could do a little research yourself. Go to the police department and sheriff departments in the communities where you think you may have had contact. Ask to do an open records request and ask for any report or contact with your information. That is probably the best you are going to do.
    "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

If you can't recall every place where you have had police contact you have some serious problems either with your character or memory. One or the other will cause some troubles for you.

You could start by going to the police departments in every town that you lived in, hung out in or passed through to get to either one. Then like Badgerland said, request the information that you are looking for. I'm unaware of any "data base" that would keep such information on a state or national level. If your BI found the information, you too should be able to find it.

Have you asked for a copy of your background? You might be able to get it.
      Last edited by sigcopper; 09-23-2009, 01:18 PM.

Comment

Like I said these contacts are not bad. Are they more than I can remember? Maybe.

I didn't know I had to have a tally sheet going everytime I talked to an Officer about something... Yeah they do run my name eveytime to check for warrants, it might be protcol here, who knows

But com'on guys don't give me that b.s that you never did anything wrong... If you don't do something wrong, how would you know what is the right thing to do?

I had asked for a copy of my background when I did the MPD, but they weren't willing to give me one.

Comment

I understand where you are coming from Rookie82. I was a very clean kid and did little wrong. I did speak with police in my hometown a few times regarding incidents relating to friends and such (no, friends does not include me). Unfortunately, when initially applying by them, I was unaware these contacts had been printed off.

Especially when I was listed as a "Primary Contact-Suspect" on some of them. It felt like an ambush in the interview having to remember incidents dating back to '95 (this was 2006). After some looking, a few laughs, it was easily disregarded.

I can say I am happily employed by them with no hard feelings.

My suggestion is to file an open records request with each PD or SO you have had contact with, specifically your hometown. Check each report your name shows up in and you should see what the background investigator did.
          "I would suggest that when a person has a thought of doing anything serious against the law, that before they did, that they should go to a quiet place and think about it seriously."

William George Bonin - Executed in Calfornia Feb 23rd 1996

Comment

Originally posted by Rookie82 View Post
            Like I said these contacts are not bad. Are they more than I can remember? Maybe.

I didn't know I had to have a tally sheet going everytime I talked to an Officer about something... Yeah they do run my name eveytime to check for warrants, it might be protcol here, who knows

But com'on guys don't give me that b.s that you never did anything wrong... If you don't do something wrong, how would you know what is the right thing to do?
            2 issues with your reply. Ask an average citizen how many times they have had police contact, whether it be a suspect, witness, or victim. I guarantee that 85-90% remember. Don't give me this tally card garbage.

My biggest issue is with your comment, "If you don't do something wrong, how would you know what is the right thing to do?" That's b.s. and I would hope you know that. How would you know what the right thing to do is? How about common sense? How about that little voice in your head? How about intelligence?

Gee officer, I didn't know that stealing a car was wrong. Now that you caught me, you have educated me. Thanks a bunch!

I'm 32 now. I still remember EVERY police contact that I have had prior to going into law enforcement. I was a good kid, but I certainly hung out with others who weren't.
            "I assume you all have guns and crack."

Comment

Originally posted by Badgerland View Post
              2 issues with your reply. Ask an average citizen how many times they have had police contact, whether it be a suspect, witness, or victim. I guarantee that 85-90% remember. Don't give me this tally card garbage.

My biggest issue is with your comment, "If you don't do something wrong, how would you know what is the right thing to do?" That's b.s. and I would hope you know that. How would you know what the right thing to do is? How about common sense? How about that little voice in your head? How about intelligence?
              I'm sorry but you sound like a hardass and your comment explains it all.
              So I'll no longer reply to any of your comments, cause obviously you are not the helping person type and you assume everyone knows or remembers everything.
              So we'll end this conversation between us.

"Stop Resisting"
              You hit it right on the head with what you said and at least somebody knows where I am coming from.

I just wanted some productive and positve help, so I thank you.

We can now close this thread

Comment

Which department did you get turned down by?

Comment

SnakeDoctor I got turned down By Milwaukee P.D.
                  There was an announcement the other day and if I heard it correctly that they were cutting back on Officer's.

If this is true maybe its a good thing I didn't get it.

Right now I'm talking with my local department about my situation and getting on as an Aux. Officer.

Comment

So, there, Rookie82, what are you going to do now? Give up or are you going to take the advice given and try and figure out what the problem is? I think you aren't sharing all of what is going on either. That is fine, but don't come here and slam those that try and offer advice. You came here with a question, so you might have to leave with an answer you don't like.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4090 users online. 252 members and 3838 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 04:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X