Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Police Science Associates - 72 credits?

I'm currently going to MATC Oak Creek for the 60 credit Police Science program. One of the instructors told us that come Winter 2009, the program is increasing to 72 required credits and a mandatory 90 hours of community service.

Some of the courses are being combined and others like forensics are being added.

I assume this is going into effect throughout the whole state. Anyone else hear about it? I guess I just snuck in!

I was told it's 60 as well and nothing is in the change anytime soon. I really hope I don't need 72, grrr.

Comment

That's just MATC. As of right now, LESB is not looking at increasing the college credits required for certification. There is an advisory motion being looked at to increase the total hours for basic recruit school, but that is still a long ways out.
      Originally posted by kontemplerande
      Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

JT.....as long as they cram the 72 credits into the two-year program I wouldn't be concerned. Two years is two years if its 60 or 72 credits.

Comment

Boy, 90 hours of community service is an awesome idea if you ask me. I think the more college experience you have, the better.

Comment

When I got my associates degree in 2005 I graduated with 71 credits. I didn't even know it was possible to only take 60. Education is the key to success so I agree with firemanmatt the community service is great. It brings you into a new perspective. I am going for my masters now and I have to do it so I think its a good thing to implement into the curriculum.

Comment

Well yeah, the certification credits isn't included with the 60 credits. Now it will probably be over 80 credits including the academy credits.

Comment

Originally posted by JasonT80 View Post
                Well yeah, the certification credits isn't included with the 60 credits. Now it will probably be over 80 credits including the academy credits.
                The credits for certification is 60 irregardless of what they're for. You could have a 60 credit Associates in underwater basket weaving and still be good to go for certification. You just need to get your recruit school hours and an agency to hire you to make it official.
                Originally posted by kontemplerande
                Without Germany, you would not have won World War 2.

Comment

They increased the credits and added required community service shortly before I finished at MATC at the end of 2006.

Community service is a great thing to add because many departments will ask what you have done for your community.

Comment

It's not a bad idea, but honestly, if everyone's doing it at your school is it a bonus on your resume?

I would think it has a lot more impact if you're doing it because you really want to and believe in community service. If you fulfilled the mandatory requirements, big deal, IMO.

You can increase recruit school all you want, but really the learning comes on the job.
                    For every one hundred men you send us,
                    Ten should not even be here.
                    Eighty are nothing but targets.
                    Nine of them are real fighters;
                    We are lucky to have them, they the battle make.
                    Ah, but the one. One of them is a warrior.
                    And he will bring the others back.

Comment

Why not get the bachelors degree then? If they are still doing the 72 in two years I think they are mearly padding the class credits. You cant tell me that they can add 12 legitamate credits in that time frame and communtiy service. What a crock!!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 4118 users online. 214 members and 3904 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X