300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Academies in Wisconsin

Which departments in Wisconsin have their own academies? More specifically, does Green Bay have it's own academy?

not many

There really isn't that many PD's that offer academies. The only ones that I can think of are Milwaukee, Madison and Wisconsin State Patrol. A lot of departments are willing to send you to a tech school to get certifiable but don't personally host their own. Also Green Bay does not have their own.

Any questions let me know

Comment

Originally posted by MMeeusen View Post
      There really isn't that many PD's that offer academies. The only ones that I can think of are Milwaukee, Madison and Wisconsin State Patrol. A lot of departments are willing to send you to a tech school to get certifiable but don't personally host their own. Also Green Bay does not have their own.

Any questions let me know
      I just sent you a PM.

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 02:59 AM.
        Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

Does DNR run their own academy?

Comment

Originally posted by firemanmatt View Post
            Does DNR run their own academy?
            Yessir. The Wardens go through the basic 520 hour course and the DNR sponsored Warden academy, held at Fort McCoy.
            sigpic

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 02:59 AM.
              Nobody ever wants to have to fight, but its a darn good idea for someone to know how.

Comment

We have a couple guys in my class already working for the DNR who need arrest powers for their positions. Im pretty sure they are not rangers, but affiliated with the parks division if that makes any sense.

Comment

Milwaukee County Sheriff's Office runs their own academy as well.

Comment

Last edited by jeeper; 04-10-2010, 03:03 AM.

Comment

Not sure how true it is but I heard that Washington County Sheriff is starting or has started their own 520 academy/training program. And to Jeeper last I heard MCSO was not going to hire Deps for about the amount of time you stated, but who knows if that will hold.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6384 users online. 358 members and 6026 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X