Leader

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any Wood County Sheriff or WI Rapids Officers in here?

Collapse

300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any Wood County Sheriff or WI Rapids Officers in here?

Sorry to barge into your forums(I'm from Illinois), however my brother sent me an email about a neighbor who is abusing their service dog. The person is blind, and has already had one dog taken away from them, how they got another one no one knows. My brother filed a complaint with the Humane Society and they told him he needs to contact the Wood County Sheriff's department, which he did but nothing has happened, and the dog is still being severely abused. They are in Wisconsin Rapids, and being in Illinois I'm not sure who you guys have deal with this, or how you guys would deal with this. Please help before he ends up killing this poor animal!

call again

You need to call the Sheriff's Department or since its in the Rapids call their department and file the complaint and if your brother sees it and thinks that its so bad then he should get photos or video of it to back up his story. It takes a lot for an officer to take a service dog away from a blind person.

Comment

Wis. Rapids is my home town, and I know the city's Chief and Deputy Chief. Both are EXCELLENT law enforcement officers (Chief Kurt Heuer is the former Wood County Sheriff; D.C. is Randy Jahns; pronounced "hoyer and "johns").

Contact the Wis. Rapids PD during M-F business hours... 715-423-4444.
      http://www.wirapids.org/wrpd/index.php

Also, feel free to PM me with your brother-in-law's address if you wish so I can make sure he's within Wisconsin Rapids city limits. There is also Town of Grand Rapids PD, City of Nekoosa PD and Village of Port Edwards PD close by, so it might be one of those (unless you're sure he's within city limits).

If you're able to, update this thread on what happens -- I don't like to see dogs (or any animals) mistreated, especially service animals.

- Steve
      "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

He called a couple more times, gets the same answer...The Humane Officer will contact you soon, and still has not heard from them.

Originally posted by williamssd View Post
        Wis. Rapids is my home town, and I know the city's Chief and Deputy Chief. Both are EXCELLENT law enforcement officers (Chief Kurt Heuer is the former Wood County Sheriff; D.C. is Randy Jahns; pronounced "hoyer and "johns").

Contact the Wis. Rapids PD during M-F business hours... 715-423-4444.
        http://www.wirapids.org/wrpd/index.php

Also, feel free to PM me with your brother-in-law's address if you wish so I can make sure he's within Wisconsin Rapids city limits. There is also Town of Grand Rapids PD, City of Nekoosa PD and Village of Port Edwards PD close by, so it might be one of those (unless you're sure he's within city limits).

If you're able to, update this thread on what happens -- I don't like to see dogs (or any animals) mistreated, especially service animals.

- Steve

Comment

I am in class with a reserve deputy from Wood County AND an auxillary officer from WI Rapids. If you're not getting results after a few more days, let me know. This might be an issue these guys would typically handle.

Comment

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.co...=2008809100616

http://www.wisconsinrapidstribune.co...=2008809110604

Hopefully the budgeting and politics get worked out, and your brother can get some help in this matter. Be sure to have your brother continue to call the Sheriff and the County Administrator as well (info in the PM I sent you).

- Steve
            "Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize... HALF OF THEM ARE STUPIDER THAN THAT!"

- The Late George Carlin

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6410 users online. 349 members and 6061 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
            Working...
            X