300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Internship from Carthage College

I will be transferring to Carthage college next year and they have internship programs with the kenosha pd and would like to know, if you did an internship program what are your chances you get the job after you graduate? Say the person did well at the pd through the internship program.

Thank you

BE SAFE

Originally posted by jrsadowski View Post
    I will be transferring to Carthage college next year and they have internship programs with the kenosha pd and would like to know, if you did an internship program what are your chances you get the job after you graduate? Say the person did well at the pd through the internship program.

Thank you

BE SAFE
    Although I can't speak for Carthage or Kenosha PD, I did graduate from UW-Parkside with a B.A. in Crim Justice. I also did a 208 hour internship with an IL PD. I can't really say that it helped me land a job afterwards, but I can tell you that you will get some great exposure into what being a police officer really entails. In addition, you will make great networks, and you will gain great references (assuming that you're liked). Anyway, I would highly recommend the internship if becoming a police officer is what you really want to do. Good luck!

Comment

Do the internship. I don't know that it will help you land a job, but getting your face and personality known around a PD can't hurt... unless you make bad impressions. Besides, you'll have exposure to some of the everyday life of being a police officer and it will help you decide if the job, that department or that size department is for you or not should you have any doubts.
      He who makes no mistakes, usually makes nothing at all.

Comment

If it is your goal to work for Kenosha, you might also want to see if they have any volunteer positions available. Like others posted, you will learn if this job is right for you, but you will also be able to use your internship experience when you go for your oral interviews. You will be able to share what you learned and your experiences will help you to answer questions. While doing your internship you need to ask GOOD well thought out questions. Don't ask how many people the officer has shot but good questions such as about report writing, statutes, and how to do the more technical portions of the job.

Remember, the impression you make while doing your intership, good or bad, will follow you around while applying for jobs. Good luck, have fun, and do some serious sole searching while at Kenosha to make sure this is the type of job you could do.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6313 users online. 333 members and 5980 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
        Working...
        X