300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WV HP Testing Dates

hey i just sent in my application. the website said that they will test when they have enough applicants and there are openings. does anyone know when the next testing date is? also, the whole process is pretty vague and there is no mention of a polygraph in the process; anyone already gone through the process? im assuming the background investigation includes the polygraph.
    thank you for your help.
    LE Background: BA Criminal Justice

Florida Highway Patrol
    Physical and Written Test- Aug 28, 2008

West Virginia State Police
    Application pending

Tennessee Highway Patrol
    Application pending

Virginia State Police
    Application pending

Colorado State Patrol
    Application pending

Ditto for me, I'd like to also know the same information.

Comment

Theres a new Cadet Class starts on August 4th, 2008 and that will last about 7 months.

They will probably begin testing in about 3-4 months as they are looking to start another class almost as soon as the new class finishes!.

A polygraph is part of the background and if hired expect a seven month long paramilitary academy where you show up at 6pm on sunday and dont get out at all till 6pm on fridays.

Up at 5am every day for PT etc...!

Hope this helps

Comment

Thanks for the info. napes. Are you employed there? Just curious. You don't happen to know roughly how many they process in an average academy do you?

Comment

Yes sir I am and I assure you that once you get out of the academy (which is just not fun) that it's not a bad agency to work for... If you work hard they will truely take care of you.

There's normally about 500 people apply for each class of 50 or so cadets (of which 15 or so quit before graduation).

Out of state applicants are welcome but expect to have to come up for interviews, tests etc on about five different occassions.

Pm if you want to know anything else!

M.

P.S. Bmoore, it's a state police agency not a highway patrol, I know that they will wash you out in the application phase if you refer to them as a highway patrol

Comment

Thanks again napes. Good information. I sent you a pm as info.

Comment

embarrassing. yeh i will definately have to get my facts straight. ive been applying to so many agencies and some are State police, highway patrol, state patrol.. etc. , didnt mean to offend , thanks for clarification.
              LE Background: BA Criminal Justice

Florida Highway Patrol
              Physical and Written Test- Aug 28, 2008

West Virginia State Police
              Application pending

Tennessee Highway Patrol
              Application pending

Virginia State Police
              Application pending

Colorado State Patrol
              Application pending

Comment

Its ok, dont worry about it!

your not offending me - i just didnt want to see you get washed out over something silly like that.

(expect to be asked during the interview process what the difference between HP and SP is!)

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2989 users online. 179 members and 2810 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                Working...
                X