300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Priority

I have been noticing recently that everytime I have to drive priority that I have been obstructed by people that won't get the hell out of the way. Not a new issue, but does anyone think that this is getting out of control? I have also noticed that once PD has someone pulled over (if they actually pulled over to a safe place which can also be rare) Why are people not changing lanes for officer safety? Maybe I'm stereo typing here, but older people seem to have forgotten the laws, and younger people don't care.

I know what you mean. I'll hit my lights and even point people where to go with my spot light........and do you think they go there? No they decide to to stop in the middle of the lane in a curve. Nothing bothers me more than people who do not respond to my air horn, lights and siren. I followed someone for 2 miles with everything activated before they pulled over, big surprise they were talking on the cell.

Comment

Originally posted by 1SuperTrooper View Post
      Why are people not changing lanes for officer safety?

Is there a law requiring motorists to change lanes for officers on T-stops now? There wasn't when I was with the PD, but I had heard that they were thinking about enacting a law similar to what other states have. Just curious...

Comment

You should re read what you wrote and maybe edit it. It was a little bit hard to understand what you were saying. This happens to me when I write alot. Sounds right but when you reread it, it sounds weird.

Comment

Originally posted by Meat View Post
          Is there a law requiring motorists to change lanes for officers on T-stops now? There wasn't when I was with the PD, but I had heard that they were thinking about enacting a law similar to what other states have. Just curious...

http://apps.leg.wa.gov/RCW/default.aspx?cite=46.61.212

Comment

There's a law about it in WI. I don't know if its a federally mandated thing or not. I'd click on the above link, but I'm at work, so most of the internet is blocked.

And the answer to your question? It's because people just don't care. It isn't their son/daughter/husband/wife that is trying not to get run over to stop an unsafe driver. A lot of agencies are taking down license plates of people with dash cams that don't get out of the way and issuing tickets.
            IMHO, this needs to be done more often. What if someone is killed/raped/shot/etc. because you were too much of a putz to get out of the way? I think you should be held accountable. But that's just me, I guess.
            Stay safe out there in WA! ^_^
            Oh, yes, the past can hurt. But the way I see it you can either run from it... or, learn from it!

Comment

WA RCW 46.61.210: Failure to yield the right of way on approach of emergency vehicle PENALTY: $1062
              Leaving my job as a Navy Pilot to become a cop..."This humble pie tastes great Sir, can I have some more?"

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately we don't have time to do anything about it at the time because we are going to a real emergency....Unless we get cancelled Maybe the speed cameras/ Opticom can take a pic at every intersection an emergency vehicle has entered for later reference?????

Comment

I agree. Unfortunately we don't have time to do anything about it at the time because we are going to a real emergency....Unless we get cancelled Maybe the speed cameras/ Opticom can take a pic at every intersection an emergency vehicle has entered for later reference?????

Right. It's pretty hard to enforce .210 due to the going to an emergency thing. I have however written the the .212 before. I nearly got hit during a traffic stop and needless to say I was peeved.

Comment

I can remember seeing County, Lakewood or WSP running code to calls several times where someone would fail to yield to them, then since TPD wasn't responding with them, I'd just NOI the driver for fail-to-yield, then get ahold of the victim unit later and have them co-sign the ticket. That always shocked the driver that they were actually getting a ticket for it. That always made me chuckle. Not so much laugh, but chuckle.
                    Last edited by Meat; 08-04-2008, 12:56 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2833 users online. 167 members and 2666 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X