300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ride Alongs

Hello everyone, I am a 20 year old criminal justice student and have begun seriously considering a number of different departments to apply for in western WA. Does anybody know which departments offer ride alongs? And if so, how would I apply? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Contact the departments you are interested in riding with. Each department has their own ride along policy. Some do not take riders unless you are in the hiring process with them.

Comment

Originally posted by AR-15 View Post
      Contact the departments you are interested in riding with. Each department has their own ride along policy. Some do not take riders unless you are in the hiring process with them.

yes im aware of this and have contacted a few. I was just hoping i could get some suggestions on different departments that would offer me a ride along

Comment

I know Snohomish Co. doesnt like riders unless you are in the hiring process.

The state patrol might let you, you woud have to contact the HR dept. or one of your local offices.

I think you might have better luck with one of the smaller depts. Riders are generally considered a liability. Enough to the point where some depts dont even allow riders.

Mill Creek PD seems to be pretty open to it though. You might want to give them a try.
        sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by serious888 View Post
          Hello everyone, I am a 20 year old criminal justice student and have begun seriously considering a number of different departments to apply for in western WA. Does anybody know which departments offer ride alongs? And if so, how would I apply? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.
          I dont know where you live, but Poulsbo Pd offers ride alongs, and so does bainbridge PD. Bainbridge is better because they let you ride for a long time.... I think my ride was round 13 hours with them. Poulsbo only let me ride with them for 4 hours, and it's SLOW in that town. You may also want to ask lakewood, but make sure you tell them you are a college student looking to get a feel for police work. I"ve ridden dozens of times with Lakewood, but the cop is a good friend of mine. If you want some action go to lakewood. Ask everyone!

Also, you are eligible for rides with WSP as soon as you turn in the application, but I've heard of them doing rides with no applications... hope this helps!!

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 5635 users online. 303 members and 5332 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
          Working...
          X