• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BLEA Graduation

CONGRATULATIONS BLEA Class 628!!!

You all have done Great!

Good luck out in the field.

Id love to hear stories from recent graduates on what academy was like!

Comment

Thank god my graduation is only 2 weeks away, here I come night mocks....

Comment

Good going guys!

Take a deep breath, enjoy the feeling of accomplishment and get ready for the real fun. Buckle down for FTO and get some of those shiny boots on the ground, we need good officers out here.

Comment

Originally posted by peaches96 View Post
          CONGRATULATIONS BLEA Class 628!!!

You all have done Great!

Good luck out in the field.
          Do we do lots of running and stuff? I've alway been under the impression that after we pass the entrance PAT we were done with it.

Comment

Enterthedragon said: "Or am I completely wrong and have they implemented that "adult learning" program into every class now?

someone tell me this isn't true"

I don't know how it used to be, but the current TAC Officer in charge of PT does not allow any class to slack. The in-PAT is as easy as BLEA PT gets now. The rest is challenging to almost everyone if done correctly.
            Leaving my job as a Navy Pilot to become a cop..."This humble pie tastes great Sir, can I have some more?"

Comment

The PT is no joke, plain and simple, it is an awesome work out though and you can learn a lot if your class takes it seriously.

Someone also brought up inspection, it totally depends on your TAC, but how the TAC treats it depends on the class. If you class consistently slacks and looks like butt you will have tougher inspections, if you guys are nose to the grind stone and know how to act then inspections are bit lighter.

Comment

What all does PT consist of?

Comment

Originally posted by Fad3d View Post
                  What all does PT consist of?
                  Think of exercises you can only do for a minute and do them for 5 minutes. Think of other exercises you can do for 5 minutes and do them for 20. They're very basic exercises, but a lot of them. PT is not a joke, and the instructors will not let you slack. They have their ways; trust me, you won't want to slack.

I did very well (maxed and then some) on my entrance PAT. PT is very challenging for me and every one else in my class.

Comment

This is one of the very few situations where a recruit might give you better advice than a deputy/officer. Anyone who went through BLEA more than a year ago had a MUCH different PT experience. The current TAC staff totally revamped the program. When done correctly you are given a chance to really push yourself regardless of fitness level. The PT instructor does everything with you for multiple classes and barely breaks a sweat. He's an animal and his robotic abilities keep you humble and motivated.

The "never quit" theme is pushed thoughout BLEA and PT is no exception.
                    Leaving my job as a Navy Pilot to become a cop..."This humble pie tastes great Sir, can I have some more?"

Comment

Listen to FlyNavy on this one, the PT program has changed dramatically in recent times and is on the hard side, but as long as you work and put forth the required effort you will do fine.

Comment

Thanks for the input guys. My main concern is with the stories Ive heard about running daily marathons, but they arent from people who weren't at BLEA recently. Im a big guy and my knee likes to swell up when i jog long distances, so the idea of doing that every day worries me a bit. I really prefer the shorter, intense exercies as opposed to the long distance runs that will come in handy if I spot a felon in 5k.

Comment

Originally posted by FlyNavy View Post
                          This is one of the very few situations where a recruit might give you better advice than a deputy/officer. Anyone who went through BLEA more than a year ago had a MUCH different PT experience. The current TAC staff totally revamped the program. When done correctly you are given a chance to really push yourself regardless of fitness level. The PT instructor does everything with you for multiple classes and barely breaks a sweat. He's an animal and his robotic abilities keep you humble and motivated.

The "never quit" theme is pushed thoughout BLEA and PT is no exception.
                          I know the TAC Officer you speak of. We went to the Academy together and are close friends. You think he is an animal now...you should have seen him as a Recruit!! He was running 5 miles at 4:00 am BEFORE the rest of the class had their normal PT. Ofc. XXXX is a class guy...learn everything you can from him.

It's an honor to call him a friend.

Comment

Originally posted by Fad3d View Post
                            Thanks for the input guys. My main concern is with the stories Ive heard about running daily marathons, but they arent from people who weren't at BLEA recently. Im a big guy and my knee likes to swell up when i jog long distances, so the idea of doing that every day worries me a bit. I really prefer the shorter, intense exercies as opposed to the long distance runs that will come in handy if I spot a felon in 5k.
                            All running has been at the slowest member of the class' pace - leave no one behind. Except on the PAT, we are all expected to push ourselves.

We have not been running every day. For that matter, we only have PT on average 2 - 3 times per week (usually 1 hour per session, sometimes 2). You can see the schedule on the BLEA website to get an idea. In all but rare occaisions, we stick to the schedule.

DT is also run a lot like PT. In fact, the DT instructors are PT instructors, and vice versa. There's a lot of intermixing of the two. DT can be anywhere from 1 to 4 hours long. You'll get some of the greatest workouts, but in the scheme of things it's not the kind/amount of running you're describing. You'll do a variety of other high-intensity workouts that push even the fittest members of any class. Think high-intensity boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling, muay Thai, among other things, all mixed together.

Good luck!

Comment

Originally posted by hopperja View Post
                              All running has been at the slowest member of the class' pace - leave no one behind. Except on the PAT, we are all expected to push ourselves.

We have not been running every day. For that matter, we only have PT on average 2 - 3 times per week (usually 1 hour per session, sometimes 2). You can see the schedule on the BLEA website to get an idea. In all but rare occaisions, we stick to the schedule.

DT is also run a lot like PT. In fact, the DT instructors are PT instructors, and vice versa. There's a lot of intermixing of the two. DT can be anywhere from 1 to 4 hours long. You'll get some of the greatest workouts, but in the scheme of things it's not the kind/amount of running you're describing. You'll do a variety of other high-intensity workouts that push even the fittest members of any class. Think high-intensity boxing, jiu jitsu, wrestling, muay Thai, among other things, all mixed together.

Good luck!
                              Thanks for the info, thats good news! Are there any exercises or programs you can recommend to future recruits in preparation?

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3815 users online. 228 members and 3587 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 08:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X