Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by GWBJR
    Getting closer to nailing you down.
    Nailing me down for what? Im a little confused......

Comment

WSP does do a pre employment PT test but only sometimes. I did one but after we finished they said it didnt count and they were just testing it out. Some of the guys in my class never did one before they got there. They do the first PT test the first day or at least the first week. Dont remember what day we did it. Soon they said they will have a pre employment test that will count but Im not sure how soon thats coming. When you train though, do the test in order as if your actually doing it. That will help. Its not that hard.

Comment

Edited.....
        Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 03:15 PM.

Comment

I dont know your age but if your in the 20-29 bracket like me you'll want to up your sit ups and push ups. I dont have the limits in front of me, but push for 50 of each. That way you'll have no worries about passing. I run no less than 3 miles everytime now too. It makes the 1.5 seem so easy that way that its no challenge. I know in my bracket the time is 12.29. Most people by the end of arming are in the mid 10's to 11's. Make sure you are practicing the 300meter sprint too. You do that right before pushups and the run so a lot of people tire out early because of it. Anything under a minute and your good to go.

Comment

Edited.....

Comment

Not sure about that but I do know its 984ft. It seems really long when your actually doing it. I'll try and get the actual info for ya here today sometime for the test. What age bracket are you in if you dont mind me asking.

Comment

I just realized that the WSP site now has a link with the fitness standards listed. If you go in there it will give you the run down on what you need to do.

Comment

IM 20 years old.

Comment

Second that. When I was getting ready for Trooper Basic, my minimum run was 1.5 miles, and that was for time so I could see where I was at. I ran at laset 2.5 miles the other days, and once a week I ran 5. I had (have) a bad knee, so I only ran every other day, and in between rode bike or swam.

In addition to the running/biking, I did upper body etc. every other day, and every day did 50 situps (timed 1 minute) morning and night.

And I would say that my fitness was only adequate. I was 31 in trooper basic though, so I had an excuse.

Point is, right now you should consider the free time you have as a bonus, to exercise as mush as possible. I say that, knowing that if you are not prior military, you have no idea what you are capable of when pushed to the limit. I didn't, which is why Arming was such a shock. It's OK, you will learn. Once you realize how far you can go, running farther or faster or doing more pushups is somehow easier.

I think I've posted somewhere on here, the SEAL prep workout. I know others have. That's what I tried to do; I couldn't do all of it, but I pushed myself and got close. Hey, I'm no SEAL, I hate swimming. And one other peice of advice, if you can, workout with a partner or a group to motivate you. I've always gotten better results when I can do that.

Comment

This is the link someone mentioned:

http://www.wsp.wa.gov/hrd/recruit/_d..._standards.pdf

Remember that for Arming, you should be at least at the 40th percentile for your age. If you are aiming to go straight into trooper basic from Arming, you should try to get above 60th percentile for the Arming PT test to help your chances. During trooper basic, 40th percentile is the minimum to get in, and you must pass 60th in order to graduate.

Comment

Edited.....

Comment

I don't know if it's scheduled, but they do go out and check cars to see if there's anything illegal on them during Trooper Basic. Good idea to change it now.

This came out the other day:

Washington State Patrol Named Best U.S. Police Agency

The International Association of Chiefs of Police has named the Washington State Patrol the best law enforcement agency in the nation for 2007. The honor follows last years' designation of WSP as the best state police agency of its size.

Called the "Law Enforcement Challenge," the award recognizes excellence in
                          reducing deaths and injuries on the nation's highways. The judges look closely at traffic enforcement, public education and occupant protection.

Award rules require agencies that win their category to move up to a Championship Class the following year. WSP was one of 23 prior category winners competing in the 2007 Championship Class, and came out on top.

"This is an exceptional honor," said WSP Chief John R. Batiste. "It
                          belongs to the men and women of WSP who are committed to reducing deaths and injuries on Washington highways."

Batiste was quick to add that this success belongs to more than just the uniformed troopers people see. Non-commissioned "professional staff" contribute greatly to highway safety.

"For example, we have commercial vehicle officers who help keep the trucking
                          industry safe," Batiste said. "We have computer experts who tell us where to
                          target enforcement based on where collisions have occurred in the past. These civilian employees round out a great team that is saving lives every day."

WSP has received other honors in recent years. In 2007, now-retired Trooper Kelly Kalmbach was named IACP Trooper of the Year, and WSP was named the best dressed law enforcement agency by the National Association of Uniform Manufacturers and Distributors.

The award will be officially presented at the IACP's national conference in November.

Comment

Edited.....

Comment

BTW WSP beein the best agency thats awesome!!!!!!!!!
                              Its going to be an honor to work as a trooper. I cant wait

Comment

I'm in the same boat as all of you. It seems like forever since the written. I remember reading on this forum that calls may go out in Nov? I wish it was closer to Mar 09 but I guess it gives me more time to PT. I was also reading that some have had to do the Poly again...is that for anyone with 6 months gap between poly and the psych or just in certain cases? Anyways I'd like to thank everyone for throwing in on these forums as it was a great boost to read and follow along as people made it on and became Troopers.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 3899 users online. 221 members and 3678 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X