Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• After phase 3 passing now what?

Edited.....
    Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 03:13 PM.

Try a 5-10 month wait.
    sigpic

Comment

Bronze is right, even if you get through the whole process the next arms training class (Arming 21) isnt until March I believe. I just finished the 20th arming and trooper basic starts on Monday. Good luck. Once the BI is finished you'll do a written psych test and if you pass you'll have an interview with Dr Clark in Olympia. If you pass that you'll do a medical evaluation and thats it until they make their decision and call you.

Comment

Edited.....

Comment

The MMPI2 is roughly 1600 questions, usually given in 4 parts. It may vary a little from Dept. to dept. Your finger will hurt when you are done from pushing down on the pencil to fill in those little boxes for 4 1/2 hours.

The interview with SCSO's head shinker wasnt quite what I was expecting. When I got there, I had to take another 175 question test and write an essay. Dont know if the state does that though. But one thing i can say is, dont joke with the head shrinker. Most of them were never issued a sence of humor. I know, I dated one for a while.

During the pshyc interview, I was just asked alot of questions about my family, more drug questions and more DV questions. She also covered any questions on the written that they were curious about and give you a chance to verbalize your response to them. For me one was "You are willing to starve yourself to stay thin". I answered "yes" on the test. So when she asked about it I had to explain to her that I am an ametuer fighter and to make weight for a fight, sometimes I had to skip eating but there was no anorexia or bolemia to worry about.

The state is the only agency I know of that doesnt give you a physical test until you are actually at the academy. Everyone else uses your PST test scores or they administer the test on thier own. SCSO has you do the physical on the same day you do your written and its the first thing you do in the process.
          sigpic

Comment

Congrats... I have been going through my BI for a long time now, but they have contacted all of my references. I guess they are contacting everyone I didn't put down as well as my credit, bank, etc. I'm just looking at this as a time to prep for academy i.e. lose the gut, do some push ups and sit ups because I really want to be ready. Oh and I have heard the horror stories of people that contacted WSP to find out where they are at in the BI... I'm not sure where they are working now but... I called to schedule a ride-along, and before I got a word out they made it real clear that they hoped I wasn't calling to find out where I was in the process...

Comment

Edited.....

Comment

BTW how cool would that be if we all went to the same academy for next year

Comment

That would be really cool. After talking to the other members I learn someting new everyday to prep myself. I've been to a couple explorer academy's and and a couple fire academy's but This will definetly be harder. What kind of goals are you setting for yourself?

Comment

Edited.....
                    Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Hey Biggler20 where did you get assigned to out of arming? Did you go straight through or are you out in the field?

Comment

I got put at state archives. Its not the busiest job but its fun. Ill get some good ride time at least. Today was the first day of the 96th trooper basic and they already lost one. I know because one of my friends got the call to go. Im hoping for mine soon. We'll see. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by Biggler20 View Post
                          I got put at state archives. Its not the busiest job but its fun. Ill get some good ride time at least. Today was the first day of the 96th trooper basic and they already lost one. I know because one of my friends got the call to go. Im hoping for mine soon. We'll see. Good luck.
                          What are these people dropping from? Failing tests, doing stupid stuff or just generally saying "I quit"?
                          sigpic

Comment

It was a PT test failure. Next week will be the week when and if we see people leave due to quitting. Thats how it was in ARMs training. We lost someone after the first day, the first Friday and two the second Monday. The rest we lost were injuries and medical stuff after that. A few spotty quitters here and there also. It varies in each class but the staff told us that they usually plan on losing 20% of a class and thats what usually happens. They did say however that almost nobody has ever failed due to academics or firearms qualifications. The physical and mental aspects are usually what gets people, failing coaching trips as well.

Comment

Edited.....
                              Last edited by Super_HKS; 04-22-2010, 03:14 PM.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 2849 users online. 131 members and 2718 guests.

Most users ever online was 158,966 at 05:57 AM on 01-16-2021.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X