300x250 Mobile

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Washington State Patrol/bow ties

I was watching Dateline tonight and noticed the Washington State Patrol/Police Troopers were wearing Bow ties when they were on the stand, Is this a requirement for Court? Just curious and sorry if this has been asked before, I couldnt finds a thread on it.....It didn't look bad but need a different color to match the uniform.
    DISCLAIMER: All opinions are mine, they do not reflect the opinions or position of my employing agency nor do they reflect any position of my agency.

The bow ties like on this trooper?

Anyways I believe the bowties are meant for a more professional look. When cadets graduate the academy, when troopers are on special events, etc I think they are required to wear them. As far as wearing them on duty, I think its optional. Out of the 2 troopers I have taken ride alongs with and the 10 troopers I have met, I have yet to see them in a bow tie. If your wanting a 100% ansewer PM bird0man

Comment

His title is Assistant Chief not Trooper, Any time you wear long sleeves you wear a bow tie. bow ties and long sleeves shirts are considered a dress uniform. Most Troopers wear short sleeve uniforms that don't require you to wear a bow tie.

Comment

Most of use wear short sleeves whenever possible. The bowties are uncomfortable. You are expected to wear it with the formal uniform, but depending on your area you may not need to wear it to district court. Superior court, definitely.

You can wear long sleeves with the "issued dickey", in wintertime. It's better than a bowtie but not that comfortable. Plus it's called a "dickey".

Comment

Originally posted by birdman0 View Post
          Most of use wear short sleeves whenever possible. The bowties are uncomfortable. You are expected to wear it with the formal uniform, but depending on your area you may not need to wear it to district court. Superior court, definitely.

You can wear long sleeves with the "issued dickey", in wintertime. It's better than a bowtie but not that comfortable. Plus it's called a "dickey".
          What's a "Dickey"?

Comment

Originally posted by badger54 View Post
            What's a "Dickey"?
            A "dicky" is a turtle neck that shows above the collar, but there is no actual body to it... just a flap front and rear that keeps it positioned correctly. All the guys here in E. Washington wear the dicky during the winter months with long sleeved shirts except for certain court appearances.
            Living the Dream... One Day at a Time!

Comment

Originally posted by Kycop28 View Post
              .....It didn't look bad but need a different color to match the uniform.
              Black isn't that bad considering it used to be red back in the day. Click Here to see the site on this.

Comment

MR300x250 Tablet

Collapse

What's Going On

Collapse

There are currently 6291 users online. 335 members and 5956 guests.

Most users ever online was 26,947 at 07:36 PM on 12-29-2019.

Welcome Ad

Collapse
              Working...
              X